• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite scene from The Wire

4 is one of those seasons where you may not be on the edge of your seat the entire time, but when its over, you reflect and realize what a quietly devastating depiction it really is.

Last edited:
Justise Winslow reminds me of Chris Partlow. Mostly the hair, but definitely some of the attitude, as well.

My ranking would go 4-1-3-2-5... But that isn't me not liking seasons 2 & 3; I just really liked 4 & 1.

Agree that 2 is pretty good and probably better on a re-watch. I started The Wire about 2 years ago and got it all done in ~2 months. Season 2 was definitely dis-orienting w/ all the new characters... Just seemed like a different show (and not what I expected at all coming out of season 1). Show was firing on all cylinders later in season 3 and all of season 4.

Last edited:
Just finished S3 this weekend. The Bell and Barksdale relationship unraveling was great stuff. Both ended up ruining the other.

Back