• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite scene from The Wire

I am just now watching the wire. Starting on S3 now. The shipping season 2 was a bit of a letdown, but now we are back to Stringer and Avon. Living up to the hype so far.

I am just now watching the wire. Starting on S3 now. The shipping season 2 was a bit of a letdown, but now we are back to Stringer and Avon. Living up to the hype so far.

Gets better from there. 3 and 4 are fantastic

Last edited:
Just thought of the scene with bunk hammered at his book ups place and he starts burning his clothes and sleeps in animus kids bunk beds. Just awesome

I felt a similar disappointment with Season 2, but when I rewatched the series, I felt it got stronger. For the "worst" season, it seems to capture just about all the big themes that run through the rest of them.

I would also contend that season 4 is the best season of television ever.

I felt a similar disappointment with Season 2, but when I rewatched the series, I felt it got stronger. For the "worst" season, it seems to capture just about all the big themes that run through the rest of them.

Agree. 2 gets better but seems like such a let down the first time through. Once you make it through the whole series though you see how important it is.

5 is the worst season. The characters in 2 aren't as strong, but the season does a great job of expanding the scope of the show from the drug trade to the whole city.

5 is the worst season. The characters in 2 aren't as strong, but the season does a great job of expanding the scope of the show from the drug trade to the whole city.

Agree with this. S5 was a huge letdown.

S5 was the only one where some of the acting was a little distracting. Storyline was still solid.

Pretty sure that S5 was the year of the writers' strike in Hollywood - so it didn't get finished the way they really would have liked it.

Jason Whitlock dropped a spoiler from The Wire on PTI yesterday. Thanks you fat fuck. I'm on Season 3.

Jason Whitlock dropped a spoiler from The Wire on PTI yesterday. Thanks you fat fuck. I'm on Season 3.

I mean spoilers aren't really needed after a year. Much less 7 years. Welcome to 2015.

I agree 2 and 5 are the weak links, but people really think 5 is worse than 2? The themes are overshadowed by how TERRIBLE the characters in 2 are. Ziggy got way too much air time, and the secondary characters are bad. Frog? Double G? Fifty? Maui? All of these are secondary characters in 2 where I had to look up their names and I can't picture them at all, whereas secondary characters from other seasons are fantastic and well-developed. The highlight of the 2 secondary characters is Aimee (Nick Sabotka's gf) and her tits.

I am hitting the meat of S3. The scene where McNulty tells DeAngelo's mom that he went to his baby momma first about the suspected murder bc he wanted to go to someone who cared. Then she realizes that she told him to do the time and not rat.

Back