• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite track on Let it Bleed (1969)

?

• Gimme Shelter

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Love in Vain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Honk

• Live with Me

• Let it Bleed

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Midnight Rambler

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • You Got the Silver

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Monkey Man

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • You Can't Always Get What You Want

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Gimme Shelter is the easy winner for me, with Midnight Rambler a distant second.

Feel like the first and last track are the favorites, but this album is so good front to back. The run the Stones had from 68-72 is ridic:

Beggars Banquet (1968)
Let it Bleed (1969)
Sticky Fingers (1971)
Exile on Main St (1972)

Feel like the first and last track are the favorites, but this album is so good front to back. The run the Stones had from 68-72 is ridic:

Beggars Banquet (1968)
Let it Bleed (1969)
Sticky Fingers (1971)
Exile on Main St (1972)

Basically all my favorite rowing music.

Yea I voted for Monkey Man. Too tough to choose, so I went with it for anecdotal reasons. We used to play pickup soccer at Wake on the Poteat fields with the Asian students/faculty/staff on Sundays. One week I brought wakephan09, and he was being his usual self running and jumping and flailing all over the place, so they nicknamed him Monkey Man.

^ Guitar intro is excellent. I have heard the first and last tracks so many times, I can't pick them. Prob Monkey Man or You Got the Silver. What a great album.

Tossed a coin - Midnight Rambler over You Can't Always Get What You Want

Beggars Banquet (1968)
Let it Bleed (1969)
Sticky Fingers (1971)
Exile on Main St (1972)

True enough. Their best years.

I voted Monkey Man but I could also have voted for Gimmie Shelter, Midnight Rambler, or You Can't Always Get What You Want. It really depends on my mood. Today it's "I'm a mamamamamamonkey!"

Exile is a goddam fucking masterpiece. Rocks off is such a heavy hitter to open an album. Let it Loose might be the best stones tune ever. What a great band.

Back