• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite track on Let it Bleed (1969)

?

• Gimme Shelter

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Love in Vain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Honk

• Live with Me

• Let it Bleed

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Midnight Rambler

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • You Got the Silver

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Monkey Man

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • You Can't Always Get What You Want

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Maybe this is for the unpopular opinion thread, but You Can't Always Get What You Want is one of the most overrated songs of all time.

But the horn solo is spot on.

the song is nearly perfect. the bridge is unbelievable, highlighted by mick's scream and then the uplifting, gospel outro with its quickening beat is the perfect end to the album (and a great contrast to the somber horn solo). the choir intro is just unnecessary though and i think takes away from when it reappears in the bridge. the single version cuts out the intro but also a verse which i don't like either because it takes away from the buildup to the bridge / outro.

country honk is also monte / underrated.

keef's harmonies were so underrated / revolutionary, really changed the way rock and roll backing vocals are done, contrasted w/ the perfect intervals and doo-wops of the beatles.

country honk is also monte / underrated.

keef's harmonies were so underrated / revolutionary, really changed the way rock and roll backing vocals are done, contrasted w/ the perfect intervals and doo-wops of the beatles.

Who is playing the other acoustic guitar in that clip?

he definitely is, although curious to know which parts you are referring to

I could sound it out for you, but I think something would be lost in the post. :) It sounds like there are rhythm and "lead" parts simultaneously, and the lead parts don't appear to match his fingers.

Back