• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Wake Basketball Teams

02-03 was such a great surprise, and we knew CP3 was coming the next year so it really felt like the sky was the limit. Basically, 02-WVU game was a great ride.

destroyed is being kind

Yeah. I was there and it was the worst. The highlight of the night was seeing a Kentucky fan and a Western Kentucky fan (they played FSU in the other game) getting into a fistfight in the concourse.

The Charlotte Observer ran an article the week of the game that was about how Jamal Mashburn almost came to Wake. Can you imagine that '93 team with him at SF?

Happy 75th Birthday to one of the greatest players in Wake Forest history.....Len Chappell.

The only player in WF history to average over 30 PPG and over 15 RPG in the same season.

Happy 75th Birthday to one of the greatest players in Wake Forest history.....Len Chappell.

The only player in WF history to average over 30 PPG and over 15 RPG in the same season.
Isn't big Lennie the only player in ACC history to ever average over 30 points a game for an entire season?

Isn't big Lennie the only player in ACC history to ever average over 30 points a game for an entire season?

I think you are right. I don't think there is any doubt, though, that CD would have averaged more than 30 points in 1971 if there had been a 3-point line at that time. He scored 690 points in 26 games for a 26.5 average. That included 251 field goals. He would have needed 90 more points to reach a 30-point average....and there is no doubt in my mind that more than 90 of his 251 FGs that year would have been beyond a 3-point line.

Back