• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FedEx delivery issues

just put on a mask and take a shit on their porch. wave at their ring camera.

I appreciate all the clever suggestions, but I take it that no one has any bright ideas about how to push the issue up the chain at FedEx? I am going to visit the local ground HQ but am assuming they are going to tell me they can't help and just give me the customer support number... I just think there must be a super, extra, no-I-really-mean-it-this-time, level of complaint/appeal but I can't figure out how to get there.

Current theory is that the neighbor (not friend, obviously) just kept it. When she went and asked the neighbor after the delivery notice the neighbor said that she told the driver that it was the wrong house - but then she added "but it doesn't matter since they will just send you another one".
She paid online through Paypal and is trying to submit a claim that way but not sure if that will help.
lol

tell the neighbor they're not sending another one

i'm not a lawyer, but isn't this part of what small claims is for?

the thing's like $500 bucks, right?

I appreciate all the clever suggestions, but I take it that no one has any bright ideas about how to push the issue up the chain at FedEx? I am going to visit the local ground HQ but am assuming they are going to tell me they can't help and just give me the customer support number... I just think there must be a super, extra, no-I-really-mean-it-this-time, level of complaint/appeal but I can't figure out how to get there.
You’re a lawyer. Hit their Twitter/X account with the key words “fraud” and “treble damages” and someone will reply requesting a DM that will lead you to the phone number you want or the person who can solve this for you.

FedEx blows You have to keep escalating with them because they will never pay up or admit fault, especially initially.

Same with UPS. Oddly enough, USPS is the best for sending anything, especially if something gets lost.

Your neighbor is also obviously a shithead.

lol

tell the neighbor they're not sending another one

i'm not a lawyer, but isn't this part of what small claims is for?

the thing's like $500 bucks, right?
Whom would you sue?

Anyway, I actually went in person to the local FedEx ground place and found a very helpful employee who gave me the name and number of someone local who may be able to help. I will call them tomorrow and let you know...

FedEx blows You have to keep escalating with them because they will never pay up or admit fault, especially initially.

Same with UPS. Oddly enough, USPS is the best for sending anything, especially if something gets lost.

Your neighbor is also obviously a shithead.
I had a big issue shipping honey via USPS. They broke a jar during delivery. The customer took photos and documented it well. I filed a claim, which USPS denied unless I physically brought the package I sent halfway across the country which was destroyed and sticky. From that point forward I refused to use them unless shipping to a PO Box.

Whom would you sue?

Anyway, I actually went in person to the local FedEx ground place and found a very helpful employee who gave me the name and number of someone local who may be able to help. I will call them tomorrow and let you know...
Post their name and number.

figure out what their political leanings are and sign them up for mailers from every candidate from the opposite party

You’re a lawyer. Hit their Twitter/X account with the key words “fraud” and “treble damages” and someone will reply requesting a DM that will lead you to the phone number you want or the person who can solve this for you.
This
Also, messaging people on LinkedIn if you can find the right people in the organization. CEO may not respond but with some research you may find the right person (like a gm at the local gamestop for instance)

figure out what their political leanings are and sign them up for mailers from every candidate from the opposite party
I once filled out a job application for (w)awffle house. I specified I wanted the night shift. They called my friend every day for a week at 7 am.

Unfortunately for his roommate he left for work before 7 and I didn't realize it. #landlines #shrapnel #friendlyfire

Paypal actually has a decent escalation department unless you marked it for friends instead of an actual commercial purchase. It sucked for a long time and built up a bad reputation but it did eventually get better. If you haven't already I'd dispute it and send the photo of the item at the wrong house. Not to mention your debit card should still have fraud prevention attached to it, usually only a straight bank draw would have zero protection...

Statistically I'm sure GameStop has it flagged as a likely scam.

FedEx delivered a package we had ordered (worth more than $2k) to a similar street address in a wrong city and state. We knew exactly where it was delivered and the package was ultimately recovered but some parts were missing. The retail dealer replaced the entire package for us and, I presume, took it up with FedEx but it wasn’t our problem.

Correction: apparently, it was UPS that screwed up the delivery. Seems both UPS and FedEx are awful.

Last edited:
I bought some wine in Mendoza and had it shipped home.

First winery shipped via FedEx and everything went smoothly.

Second winery shipped via UPS. At delivery, UPS tried to charge me a $167 "brokerage fee" on top of the $100 shipping fee I agreed to. The wine I bought was good, not great...now the sum of shipping plus brokerage fee is higher than what I paid for the wine. UPS would not budge on the fee, nor would they share with me how the fee was calculated. I declined the shipment and am in the process of getting the charge reversed on my Amex.

Whom would you sue?

FedEx has now recognized verbally that they screwed up the delivery and say that they have notified Gamestop. We haven't heard from Gamestop yet...

Back