• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fedora to Vols?

WRAL in Raleigh is reporting that according to Fedora's contract, if he leaves UNC before 1/15/2013 he owes the University $2.35 million. Ouch.

his contract with the holes runs through 2019, so he'd have quite a bit of financial obligations if he is to take the job in Knoxville.

his contract with the holes runs through 2019, so he'd have quite a bit of financial obligations if he is to take the job in Knoxville.

I know what you're getting at, but folks continue to improperly assume that buyout clauses (in either direction) are always for the full extent of the contract.

I know what you're getting at, but folks continue to improperly assume that buyout clauses (in either direction) are always for the full extent of the contract.

I wasn't saying that he had to buyout his whole contract, not sure exactly what is in the contract but one would assume there is a buyout.

I don't think he's going anywhere.

It appears that Fedora has the Skip Prosser approach to not responding to coaching rumors. Honestly, I think that is good approach from his standpoint because it will likely get him a raise. I just don't see Fedora leaving after 1 year unless he thinks more sanctions are coming.

The sanctions are the only reason I could see him leaving. He did, supposedly, interview for the Tennessee job, so I think there's interest...I just don't think UT will pick him.

WRAL in Raleigh is reporting that according to Fedora's contract, if he leaves UNC before 1/15/2013 he owes the University $2.35 million. Ouch.

Did Fedora vote for that? He shouldn't have to pay it if he didn't vote for it.

Did Fedora vote for that? He shouldn't have to pay it if he didn't vote for it.

If the Vols really, really wanted him, which they don't- not in their first choices which they won't get- the Haslams and Pilot Oil write that check.

Back