• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fedora to Vols?

If Mike Gundy is listening why are they talking to anyone else?

Looks like there's differing stories on if Fedora has interviewed or not:

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams

Larry Fedora has not interviewed for the UT job nor does he have one scheduled as of 1:55 pm today, source close to situtation said.

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams

Larry Fedora has not interviewed for the UT job nor does he have one scheduled as of 1:55 pm today, source close to situtation said.

This whole thing is really just an exercise in journalistic excellence.

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams

UT sites have claimed an interview with Fedora last Friday, Saturday, last night and today. They don't know jack and are just guessing. I'm pretty sure UT hasn't interviewed him at this point. I think he's pretty far down their list and probably won't get much consideration. I've heard Strong seems to be most likely at this point.

UT sites have claimed an interview with Fedora last Friday, Saturday, last night and today. They don't know jack and are just guessing. I'm pretty sure UT hasn't interviewed him at this point. I think he's pretty far down their list and probably won't get much consideration. I've heard Strong seems to be most likely at this point.

Are you kidding, what school wouldn't want the inventor of the "fast-break" offense?????

UNC AD responds to rumors, sort of...

North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham acknowledged the rumors in a statement Wednesday, but said neither he nor Fedora would address the rumors.

"It's been my policy since I have been a director of athletics not to comment or engage in discussions regarding a coach's job until such time that there is a change in a coach's employment status. Speculation about the future employment status of a head coach can be detrimental to an athletic program. “I frequently communicate with our head coaches about what they need to be successful at North Carolina. Whether a coach is highly successful or under inordinate pressure, it has been my policy to keep those conversations confidential, and I will continue my policy to not engage in any public discussion or speculation regarding employment. We work together to provide the best opportunities for our coaches and student-athletes," Cunningham stated.

Back