• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

fence rider moving BuzzOut...

I went back and watched a few Colorado games after we hired the Bz-man, and they did have some players. Relphorde was good (I think he might have been a JC, though), Tomlinson was good, Dwight Thorne. They all could shoot and it seemed like they got any shot they wanted almost every time down the court no matter the opponent -- at least in the games I watched.

The Defense was absolutely terrible and so was the rebounding, but it seemed like he mixed it up more on D, more of what we've been seeing this year except they would be much more aggressive when trapping. They were actually super fun to watch so I was cautiously optimistic despite being completely befuddled by the hire, but last year almost beat it out of me.

ETA - looked it up and he actually didn't recruit Thorne, though.

Last edited:
Buzz still hasn't landed an elite recruit. He has signed early and they have since "Blown up" to 4 stars. I wouldn't exactly call him a dynamic recruiter.

Then absolutely no credit should be given to BZ whatsoever if he obtained an "elite" recruit in that unmanly fashion. Throw them back and let's see BZ get a 4* who is already a 4* when BZ first contacts him. That'll be the criteria on BZ's recruiting and the only one that matters. Elsewise, he's a crappy recruiter-- even if he should find and sign the next Lebron James before he "blows up."

A different view is that getting CMM before he is highly sought is fine with me. Then he had to beat high majors for Moto. However, I would still say that neither is elite unless they move up to consensus top 50 ranking.

A different view is that getting CMM before he is highly sought is fine with me. Then he had to beat high majors for Moto. However, I would still say that neither is elite unless they move up to consensus top 50 ranking.

Agreed. Getting Moto and CMM showed us two entirely different, good things about [Redacted]'s recruiting, but he still needs to get a truly elite recruit to establish himself as a great recruiter.

Come on over Mr. Meeks.

Bz show on at 7pm tonight. Will be interesting to see who calls and what they have for the coach.

Until there is a better option for the 5 position we will not get back to the top 25. At least that is how I see it. Bz is not the total package I want to lead what is a cherished leadership position as head of our program. I want a real star not an also ran.

Bz show on at 7pm tonight. Will be interesting to see who calls and what they have for the coach.

I know a good realtor in Michigan if the subject comes up. You never know when Grand Valley State is going to give him a ring.

Gee I was waiting to here which way this guy was going on bzzz, now I can sleep at night.

Then absolutely no credit should be given to BZ whatsoever if he obtained an "elite" recruit in that unmanly fashion. Throw them back and let's see BZ get a 4* who is already a 4* when BZ first contacts him. That'll be the criteria on BZ's recruiting and the only one that matters. Elsewise, he's a crappy recruiter-- even if he should find and sign the next Lebron James before he "blows up."

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, but it's hilarious that anybody can be a Wake Forest basketball fan and know absolutely nothing about Wake Forest basketball.

Arnaud Moto was a Top-100 recruit when we got him head-to-head against UCLA, Vanderbilt, and Florida (with other offers from Georgia Tech, Maryland, and NC State, among many others).

Back