• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fiesta Bowl: Oregon vs. Kansas State

What a piece of shit that Alonso is. He took a helmet to helmet shot on a defenseless player, then tried to throw a forearm into the helmet as well. I cannot fn stand Oregon.

This is the way I feel. They go for 2pt conversions early all the time when it is not needed and they show little sportsmanship. I use to like them, but not anymore. Plus I think the whole Nike thing gives them an unfair recruiting advantage that should not be allowed.

If they get 2 point conversions more than half the time then it is the correct move to go for them at any point in the game.

Anyone watching Colorado @ Arizona on the U? The Buffs just got absolutely robbed of a win at #3 Arizona by the refs, who overturned a buzzer-beating 3 by Colorado that would've won the game. Now in OT.

Anyone watching Colorado @ Arizona on the U? The Buffs just got absolutely robbed of a win at #3 Arizona by the refs, who overturned a buzzer-beating 3 by Colorado that would've won the game. Now in OT.

Saw that. Pretty sure that kid got it off with .01

Yea, the consensus on Twitter seems to support that he got it off in time:

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops
Did we get confirmation that they originally called it good? So this is a reversal? Gracious sakes alive.

Dave Telep ‏@DaveTelep
If that's a makeup call for CU's "fifth down" over 15 years ago, that's wrong. That shot was good.

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz
Wow again. Officials say basket is no good. Tough, tough call. Looked like it was barely off Chen's finger tip. OT in Tucson. ESPNU.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS
Refs determine Chen didn't get the shot off in time. Not sold on that call.

Chris Paul ‏@CP3
Watching this Colorodo vs Zona game...I think he got the shot of in time...was just on the phone with C.Billups ... http://m.tmi.me/ETxls

Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner
Side view showed shot (on ESPN clock) off at 0.1. Behind view was inconclusive. I don't know how you waive that off.

Yeah it is not correct if the XP makes the margin another score, particularly late in the game.
Yep.

And, you have to accept that once they start going for two point conversions more often, the rate of success would decrease as teams become better prepared.

Kind of a weird topic on this thread, but for those that missed the CU buzzer beater.

thumbnail_2_df7802fb_v2.jpg

That was called no good after replay.

If this game was in Colorado, there is no way they rule the basket late.

One of the announcers said a ref told him they determined the ball was in his hands when the clock hit 0. But isn't the rule technically when the red light comes on? This is like Laron Profit in 1997. Yes, I'm still bitter about that and CC Harrison that same year.

Another view... the first frame in slo-mo where the red light is on.

712623514.jpg

Yep.

And, you have to accept that once they start going for two point conversions more often, the rate of success would decrease as teams become better prepared.

Yes, setting it at 50% is certainly an oversimplification, but then if that number was applicable to any team it would be Oregon due to how many TD's they score (80 on the season).

Oregon was 2 of 4 for the season, with 3 of them taking place after the first Oregon possession of the game.

Who is this woman on the podium and why is she screaming?

Back