• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

If they are really prohibiting all of this stuff, it should be simple - we don't have time to fight with them on word usage or come up with cute phrases - just come out and say...

Fire Jeff [Redacted] #bzzout firebz.com

Get VT to design it, post it on here so everyone knows exactly what it's going to be, and raise as much money over the next 24 hours... done.

The hashtag is #BuzzOut. Gotta keep that consistent.

I like that, too, Cumberland. If we can't use ACC then go with this:

The Jeff [Redacted] era (3 seasons):

Conference record: 11-39 (.220)
Conference scoring margin: -11 points a game
Conference record in February and March: 5-24 (.172)
Conference road record: 1-24 (.004).

Our university deserves better. FireBz.com #BuzzOUT

Except it's a long rectangular banner, not a square ad. Think hot dog, not hamburger.

Guys, it's a banner ad that will stretch the length of the paper, you can't use 6 lines... stop overthinking this with conference records, etc.

Fire Jeff [Redacted] #buzzout firebz.com

Our School Deserves Better

[Redacted]'s Conference Record: 11-39 (.220)
[Redacted]'s Conf. Road Reocrd: 1-24 (.040)

FireBz.com #BuzzOut

Yea it feels like it's getting a little panicky.

Ambiguous grumblings and stuff aren't helping.

Is vt involved or not?....is someone else designing it?...why is this only NOW becoming so confusing/difficult?

Dude, this all just got started yesterday afternoon/evening.

Y'all are the ones panicking. The brothers Stratt and VT will work it out. Have some faith.

The ad only needs three words.

FIRE JEFF [Redacted]

Simple, elegant, fits easily in the space we have to work with

The ad only needs three words.

FIRE JEFF [Redacted]

Simple, elegant, fits easily in the space we have to work with

exactly.

if you want to throw in the website and hash tag, do it - but let's just keep this simple and get it on there as many days as we can...

Ok, I'm going to do what I can to dispel the bullshit "you can't use Wake Forest" or "you can't use ACC."

tl;dr - Hell yes you can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Trademark law (under the Lanham Act) discourages replication of an exact trademark by a competitor. For the purposes of our add, we can 100% use "Wake Forest," "ACC," "dicksdicksdicks," or whatever else you guys are talking about as long as we use a generic font (as opposed to the black and gold "WAKE FOREST" or the white and blue "ACC"). And that's being super safe.

Think they got this from teh paper. The paper won't run the ad with the school name in it, regardless of fair use.

Not sold on using this stat, but here's a rough look of where I currently am with this:

GMWnkS4.jpg

Dude, this all just got started yesterday afternoon/evening.

Y'all are the ones panicking. The brothers Stratt and VT will work it out. Have some faith.

I thought the idea was already in place and they just needed the funding....now it seems like they have the funding but are still working on the idea.

But I've only read this thread re: Greensboro paper twice

I also have no idea when the deadline is for a Thursday ad and for subsequent days, from reading the reactions and questions it feels like it's soon.

Would hate for everyone to get on board and throw in their money and then things not work out.

Except it's a long rectangular banner, not a square ad. Think hot dog, not hamburger.

If you guys need some additional help, Mrs. Kay will offer up her services. She's very familiar with doing extraordinary work with things 2x10 inches.

Not sold on using this stat, but here's a rough look of where I currently am with this:

GMWnkS4.jpg

Design looks great - my problem is the focus on the conference tournament. It's not out of the realm of possibility that we beat MD and if we do, this ad looks turrrrible.

I love the top of it, I would change the conference record part - keep the website.

Can't we just put his career record at Wake? That's damning enough...

Back