• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

If this thing is running all four days, I would use a different stat each day, but keep everything else the same.

This is actually a really good idea, but I would say save the conference tournament statistic until one of the later days and change it to 1-8 (assuming we get crushed on Thursday)...

I'm not as good as VT, but you could do something like this that doesn't mention Wake, the NCAA, or the ACC, and still gets the point across.

bz_zps67435ba0.jpg

Design looks great - my problem is the focus on the conference tournament. It's not out of the realm of possibility that we beat MD and if we do, this ad looks turrrrible.

I love the top of it, I would change the conference record part - keep the website.

Can't we just put his career record at Wake? That's damning enough...

It appears the ad will be running all 4 days and we'll have to do some advance planning (without knowing if Wake will be involved in the games past Thursday).

As I said, not sold on using that stat... Just threw it out there to give a glimpse of the design/dimensions, etc

If you're going to run this ad, you might want to make sure that you've go enough bandwidth for the website to handle several thousand hits on Thursday.

Except it's a long rectangular banner, not a square ad. Think hot dog, not hamburger.

It doesn't have to be in the same format. There is plenty of room to put all that copy in that space. 2x10 is still a lot of room.

Regardless, as long as it has "Fire Jeff [Redacted]" FireBz.com and #BuzzOUT, that's fine.

It appears the ad will be running all 4 days and we'll have to do some advance planning (without knowing if Wake will be involved in the games past Thursday).

As I said, not sold on using that stat... Just threw it out there to give a glimpse of the design/dimensions, etc

Excellent - if running all 4 days, my vote would be Les Grossman's idea of a new statistic on each day.

I really like the design though - thanks for putting it together.

Not sold on using this stat, but here's a rough look of where I currently am with this:

GMWnkS4.jpg

1-7 doesn't really demonstrate the epic failure of the past 3 years. If you can somehow fit in both of these stats, they make the case.

[Redacted]'s Conference Record: 11-39 (.220)
[Redacted]'s Conference Road Record: 1-24 (.040)

We don't need career records, he isn't being fired for his failures at Colorado. He should be fired for his failures at Wake. I would stick to Wake stats.

Wow. Just wow.

Fucking champions of free speech.

Amazing.

Time to cancel my subscription.

The News and Record doesn't care if we use Wake. I think we don't want to just to make sure we are legally covered.

Excellent - if running all 4 days, my vote would be Les Grossman's idea of a new statistic on each day.

I really like the design though - thanks for putting it together.

Love this idea. I would reiterate that only Wake Forest stats should be used though. This isn't a referendum on the hire, this is a solution for the future.

That's probably worst stat to use. Wake coaches in general don't do well in conference tournaments. Go with conference record and 1 road conference win.

The conference road record is the stat that seems to catch the eyes of non-Wake people the best. There's some shock value there it's so bad.

I like that, too, Cumberland. If we can't use ACC then go with this:

The Jeff [Redacted] era (3 seasons):

Conference record: 11-39 (.220)
Conference scoring margin: -11 points a game
Conference record in February and March: 5-24 (.172)
Conference road record: 1-24 (.004).

Our university deserves better. FireBz.com #BuzzOUT

How I rank these stats:
1) 1 conference road win in 3 years is the one that really jumps out at me. .004 should be .04 by the way, but that doesn't need to be included anyway.
2) Overall conference record. :sick:
3) Feb/March is based of a Wellman comment and isn't significantly worse than the overall record. Don't think that will hit with most people.
4) Conference scoring margin? Meh. I get the point there too (we're not even competitive), but can also see how some people would interpret 11 points as not getting blown out and therefore is not that bad.

I'm not as good as VT, but you could do something like this that doesn't mention Wake, the NCAA, or the ACC, and still gets the point across.

bz_zps67435ba0.jpg

Would this really be legible in a newspaper?

Seems too busy.

100% definitely needs to be short and sweet...to the point.

Including firebz.com will give all that info

Looks great. IMO, stats should be prioritized by conference record, then conference road record, then conference record in Feb and Mar, then Tourney record. And then if Wake is in the finals (hahahaha), you can pull the last ad on Sunday.

1-7 doesn't really demonstrate the epic failure of the past 3 years. If you can somehow fit in both of these stats, they make the case.

[Redacted]'s Conference Record: 11-39 (.220)
[Redacted]'s Conference Road Record: 1-24 (.040)

We don't need career records, he isn't being fired for his failures at Colorado. He should be fired for his failures at Wake. I would stick to Wake stats.

I agree with sticking with Wake stats:

Thursday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Record: 11 - 39 (.220)
Friday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Road Record: 1 - 24 (.040)
Saturday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Tournament Record: 1 - 8 (.111)
Sunday: ?

Back