• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

pmsof.jpg

Different angle

I hit up SportsCenter and Andy Katz on Twitter. I won't be that much help the rest of the day, but I look forward to checking in throughout the day.

Prediction: Buzz's unifying the fan base (technically true) will be cited as a reason for his extension. Sharpie.

That would be the greatest trolling in history. Ronnie actually holds a press conference to say "I am pleased to announce we extended bzz for 5 years because the players love him and he has unified the fan base like no other coach ever has. OGBoardsOut!" Drops microphone. That just might make me WellmanIn, still BuzzOut of course.

Nice job to all involved. I have a feeling wake will pull it out tonight. Team rallies and CJ does not want to go without a fight.

Kenny Beck just emailed me, asking about the ad. Here is my response:

"We are running an ad each day of the tournament. We raised almost $2500 in 24 hrs to pay for them and then stopped collecting. Over 100 supporters donated. Roughly 1,000 supporters had some sort of input. Most are alumni."

Exactly 160 characters:

Over 100 students, fans and alumni contributed to this effort, raising $2400+ in only 24 hours. And thousands of others support it. #BuzzOUT

Whoa! A $24 average contribution! I bet Wellman's setting up a PayPal account right now so you guys can finance Bzz's buyout. At that rate he'll only need about 150,000 contributors.

Is this live or a recording?

Either way these guys are idiots - one guy says "Come on he's lighting the program on fire?" and the other guy goes "Ehhh is he?"
I think it's a recording from this morning, but neither guy really understands what's going on.

When you are tweeting, emailing, or contacting people, it might be a good idea to include the ad was financed by hundreds of WF Fans, Students, and Alumni and that BuzzOut numbers in the thousands. Hate to see people turn this into it's only three people when there was actually a huge effort here plus people seem to think that those opposing Buzz are in the minority.

I think it would be more correctly stated, "financed by over a hundred" Wake fans...

Love it. Can someone post a different picture of the ad? I am talking high quality professional shot. It's a little difficult to read the secondary stat about 20 of the losses being in double digits. Now to go pos rep the poster who put this picture up around 5:15am. Excellent work everyone!

Yes please do. This was shot with a tablet in a gas station parking lot on the way to work under a florescent glow. I just wanted a picture up as soon as possible. Although it is kind of cool to have as picture I took being treated around the country.

I would love someone to post a better quality picture of the whole front page for the best effect.

Steven Beck ‏@StevenTBeck
In Gboro for #ACCTourney. On @TriadSportsNet @ 10a talking #NCState, this #BuzzOut ad, little #NFL free agency, & #HPU's extension w/ Cherry

Steven Beck ‏@StevenTBeck
In Gboro for #ACCTourney. On @TriadSportsNet @ 10a talking #NCState, this #BuzzOut ad, little #NFL free agency, & #HPU's extension w/ Cherry

A good example of why having the hash tag is key. It's an easy shorthand that everyone recognizes and understands. No longer explanation needed.

Here's who I've tweeted at:

@Chris_Broussard
@GreggDoyelCBS
@MichelleDBeadle
@JayBilas
@AndyGlockner
@GoodmanCBS
@YahooForde
@SPORTSbyBROOKS
@DrewMagary (Deadspin)

Back