• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FIRE DANNY NOW!

The awful thing is that people like me who have been diehard fans for years are starting to not even care. I don’t even bother looking at the b-ball schedule before I make plans anymore. If I’m home and we’re on and nothing else is then I’ll watch. I was completely fine watching the Belk bowl today instead of flipping over to us.

The awful thing is that people like me who have been diehard fans for years are starting to not even care. I don’t even bother looking at the b-ball schedule before I make plans anymore. If I’m home and we’re on and nothing else is then I’ll watch. I was completely fine watching the Belk bowl today instead of flipping over to us.

Same here. Started watching every game I could in 1976. At this point, watching a game is just for the comedy. It really is hard to be this bad with Wake's tradition.

It also really is hard to be as dumb as Ron Wellman. It just makes the whole university look bad.

Well, now that RJ has posted it, I guess it's ok...

+1 But I say we fire his ass NOW OR Make Clawson AD and have him fire him!

Clawson has cajones. He would fire him immediately. Wellman is just a politician hoping things will get better without ever having to do what he knows he should.

Forget the state we aren’t even a top 3 team in Winston-Salem. I don’t the we could beat Mt Tabor!

Same here. Started watching every game I could in 1976. At this point, watching a game is just for the comedy. It really is hard to be this bad with Wake's tradition.

It also really is hard to be as dumb as Ron Wellman. It just makes the whole university look bad.

Yep. I wish I was mad about the program, but I have complete apathy about the whole thing at this point. I added up the number of hours I had spent watching us lose over the last 8-9 years and got depressed about how much time I had wasted at games or in front of the TV watching this crap when I could have been living my life.

We just lost to a Gardner web team that shot 35% from the field and 13% from Three. There is talent on this wake team and it is not fair to them to continue with this coach. Danny is a great face and an upstanding character to represent wake forest and he is probably an above average recruiter. He simply cannot coach basketball at this level. That doesn’t make him a bad person or a person who deserves the vitriol he gets on this board. It is a simple fact. I hope we will move on now. I believe we can win some games this year and it gives us some time to recruit our next coach.

Went to my uncle's (also Wake alum) to watch the Clemons/Notre Dame game. He laughed about losing to GW. Until then I didn't know we had a game today. I will pay attention when we hire a good coach. And not a typical Wake/Wellman hire, but someone I can really get excited about. Someone young and energetic, and smart at basketball and coaching. Someone fresh and different. I was against the Bz and DM hires from the moments they were announced. Anything short of a home run hire and I will keep ignoring our basketball program.

And enough with the excuses. Take a chance on an up-and-comer and pay him Saban-esque money. Take it out of Wellman's pension. The assholes that ran our program into the ground are going to have to pony up and overpay to get someone decent.

I wouldn’t have watched if those games weren’t basically over. Good chance I don’t watch a full game of any college basketball until March.

We just lost to a Gardner web team that shot 35% from the field and 13% from Three. There is talent on this wake team and it is not fair to them to continue with this coach. Danny is a great face and an upstanding character to represent wake forest and he is probably an above average recruiter. He simply cannot coach basketball at this level. That doesn’t make him a bad person or a person who deserves the vitriol he gets on this board. It is a simple fact. I hope we will move on now. I believe we can win some games this year and it gives us some time to recruit our next coach.

Are you retarded? He's a shitty coach, an asshole with the personality of a box of hair. This notion that DM is a great face to the program is just AD bullshit.

I say wait to the end of the season. ACC play is going to be brutal, particularly on the road. If Wellman doesn't react at that time, then we have great reason to go nuts. Not that we don't have enough justification already. We are going to have to take transfers and maybe even jucos to fix this thing any time soon. Right now I have to admit that the players likely are better than the coaches.

That's one heck of a long wait to make one's first post. I'm impressed by the restraint.

Are you retarded? He's a shitty coach, an asshole with the personality of a box of hair. This notion that DM is a great face to the program is just AD bullshit.

Agreed. He may be a nice guy or whatever, but he clearly does not give a shit.

I don't even watch if I am home anymore. I only know bc I saw some posts on twitter and got curious with yet another embarrassing loss if we were any closer to ending the Danny era.

Back