• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire everyone!!!!

In all seriousness, what is Grobe's contract situation (as in how long)? If he is ok with a program that just keeps getting worse and worse, then obviously it is time to bring in someone that does care and believes in accountability.

I agree but here is what people forget. We have an AD who couldn't give a shit and who hired a guy to keep his books who should be serving 10-20 in federal prison for investment fraud.

You're appealing to a rational authority. We don't have one.

2.3 million a year for a five year old moral victory?

ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME NOW, YOU ENTITLED LITTLE TURDS???

Just how much ineptness does Ron Wellman think he can continue to cram down the throats of Deacon supporters. This has gotten beyond absurd. Allowing Ron Wellman to continue to run this charade of an athletic program is beyond my comprehension.

In all seriousness, what is Grobe's contract situation (as in how long)? If he is ok with a program that just keeps getting worse and worse, then obviously it is time to bring in someone that does care and believes in accountability.

Grobe's contract runs out after the 2016 season. After this season or next season at the latest, he'll have to get an extension or name a coach-in-waiting or he'll be a lame duck coach and get killed even worse in recruiting.

I laid out the situation in this thread.
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/17412-Is-Grobe-gunning-for-a-contract-extension

Hatch is an egotistical ass who is hurting our great school in an attempt to turn it into Notre Dame south while losing many of the unique qualities that made it great. He hasnt shown any inclination to hold RW accountable for the sorry state of WFU athletics.

I think Grobe quits after this year if we suck, which seems incredibly likely right now. Seems like he's desperately throwing everything out there this year, and it is not working.

If he's trying to turn us into Notre Dame, why doesn't he try to imitate their sports program?

Notre Dame football wasn't exactly great when Hatch was there......

..................................................................................

Hatch is an egotistical ass who is hurting our great school in an attempt to turn it into Notre Dame south while losing many of the unique qualities that made it great. He hasnt shown any inclination to hold RW accountable for the sorry state of WFU athletics.

Notre Dame South. Haha. Have you seen our sports programs?

There are a lot of bad things about Hatch, but the "Notre Dame South" trope is a lazy one propagated by students. I'm surprised to see you pick it up and run with it too.

Other than de-emphasizing greek life, I haven't seen much "Notre Dame" stuff at Wake Forest. More like Davidson.

Why would he quit with 3 years left in a $2.3M/year contract?

I doubt he's hurting for money.

Not guaranteeing that's what happens. Just my opinion. With all the vets we're losing after this year it's hard to see the situation getting better anytime soon. This was supposed to be the year where we had a chance

That's not a sports reference, and its not about the greeks.

We are growing too fast with no master plan. Serious bucks are being wasted as we move one group after another from here to there with no apparent long-range plan. Serious bucks. The screw-ups are shockingly widespread.

If our master plan is "Be Notre Dame," at least that's a master plan. I guess I don't understand the comparison. How is expanding too quickly without a plan like Notre Dame?

The only Notre Dame-ish things we've done are de-emphasize the greek system (kind of - I don't know how that's going these days), and have an alleged rapist (sorry Gary Clark).

That's not a sports reference, and its not about the greeks.

We are growing too fast with no master plan. Serious bucks are being wasted as we move one group after another from here to there with no apparent long-range plan. Serious bucks. The screw-ups are shockingly widespread.

Could you go into more detail about the screw ups?

Ditto, screaming at the TV with three runs up the middle from the 1

Wasn't ND's football bad and hoops less than stellar when he was Provost at the Dome?

Wasn't ND's football bad and hoops less than stellar when he was Provost at the Dome?

He was Provost for a long time.

Just looked it up. He was provost during the Davie and Willingham years. You may have a point.

Last edited:
Back