• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Fox News is currently blaming CNN and MSNBC for "exploiting" a clearly troubled, drunken former Trump aide by letting him air his lunacy live on air yesterday, instead of, apparently, just not mentioning or showing him at all, like that bastion of journalistic integrity, Fox News. Their article on the subject is actually entitled "This is why America hates the media!". LOL.

UAE adviser eyed in Mueller probe is cooperating with investigators: report

March 06, 2018 - 07:50 PM EST
UAE adviser eyed in Mueller probe is cooperating with investigators: report
An adviser to the de facto leader of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is cooperating with investigators and gave testimony to a grand jury last week as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe, The New York Times reported Tuesday night.

George Nader, a Lebanese-American businessman who advises Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, is cooperating as investigators reportedly examine whether Nader funneled money from the Emirates in an attempt to influence Trump’s policies.

The special counsel’s team has taken an interest in a January 2017 meeting in the Seychelles that Nader attended, the Times reported. Also in attendance was a Russian investor connected to President Vladimir Putin, and Erik Prince, the founder of Blackwater who advised Trump during the transition.

Nader was reportedly first served search warrants and a subpoena after landing at Dulles International Airport outside Washington, D.C., on Jan. 17. He planned to continue on to Florida to celebrate the president's first year in office at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate but was held up by FBI investigators, who questioned him for two hours and took his electronics, the Times reported.

Since then, Mueller's team has questioned him multiple times about his meetings with Jared Kushner, Stephen Bannon and other officials, the newspaper reported.

Reports of Nader’s cooperation come as Mueller is said to be expanding the scope of his investigation to look into Trump’s past financial dealings.

Four former Trump campaign associates have thus far pleaded guilty or been indicted as part of Mueller’s investigation. Mueller also filed charges last month against 13 Russian nationals and three Russian organizations for allegedly meddling in the 2016 election.

Roger Stone: I never discussed WikiLeaks or Clinton emails with Trump

Roger Stone on Tuesday pushed back at the notion that it would be treasonous if President Trump's campaign coordinated with WikiLeaks to release emails from rival Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

“I’ve been accused of being a dirty trickster. There’s one trick that’s not in my bag: That’s treason,” Stone, a longtime GOP operative and informal adviser to Trump, said on MSNBC's “Meet The Press Daily.”

“For it to be a treasonous act, [Julian] Assange would have to provably be a Russian asset, and WikiLeaks would have to be a Russian front. And I don’t think that’s the case,” he continued, referring to the founder of the anti-secrecy group.

Asked by host Chuck Todd if he thinks it’s possible WikiLeaks and the Trump campaign coordinated the release of the Clinton campaign’s emails, Stone said he has “no knowledge that happened.”

“It certainly did not happen in my case. That is not something I was involved in,” Stone said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...cussed-wikileaks-or-clinton-emails-with-trump

Unclear what these are referring to but my guess is either the Nader news or Cohn. Swann and Axios have really good contacts within the WH.

Could also be about this meeting which is fucking terrifying. Bolton has been rumored to be McMaster's replacement.

And now it's being reported that Trump has been asking witnesses what they were asked and how they answered. Also claims that he never told anyone to fire Comey.

Yeah that's a big oops.

"A witness cooperating with Mueller has told investigators the meeting was set up in advance so that a representative of the Trump transition could meet with an emissary from Moscow to discuss future relations between the countries, according to the people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

George Nader, a Lebanese American businessman who helped organize and attended the Seychelles meeting, has testified on the matter before a grand jury gathering evidence about discussions between the Trump transition team and emissaries of the Kremlin, as part of Mueller’s investigation into Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 election."

Flashback to Erik Prince's testimony:

Prince told lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee that he did not plan to meet Dmitriev in the Seychelles but that once he was there discussing possible business deals with UAE officials, they unexpectedly suggested that he visit the hotel bar and meet Dmitriev.

“At the end, one of the entourage says, ‘Hey, by the way, there’s this Russian guy that we’ve dealt with in the past. He’s here also to see someone from the Emirati delegation. And you should meet him, he’d be an interesting guy for you to know, since you’re doing a lot in the oil and gas and mineral space,’ ” Prince told lawmakers.

The two men, he said, spoke for no more than 30 minutes, or about the time it took him to drink a beer.

“We chatted on topics ranging from oil and commodity prices to how much his country wished for resumption of normal trade relations with the USA,” Prince told lawmakers. “I remember telling him that if Franklin Roosevelt could work with Josef Stalin to defeat Nazi fascism, then certainly Donald Trump could work with Vladi­mir Putin to defeat Islamic fascism.”

Prince said he went to the Seychelles as a private businessman, not as an official or unofficial emissary of the Trump transition team. During the congressional interview, which became testy at times as Democratic lawmakers pressed him to be more specific in his answers, Prince repeatedly complained that he had reason to believe U.S. intelligence agencies were leaking information about his activities.

Back