• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Like talk to Mueller. If he speaks to Mueller for thirty minutes, it's likely that he'll lie at least a dozen times.

As I've said since Trump's refusal to show his taxes, follow the money. Just the easy parts are damning. We know for a fact that VTB gave Trump Toronto about $150M. We know for a fact that a Putin lackey paid $40M over asking price for a Trump property in FL with no other bids on the table for months. We know for a fact that a major Russian money-laundering scam operated out of Trump Tower. We know for a fact many Russians paid cash for Trump properties. We know for a fact Devos' brother met with a Putin partner in the Seychelles. We know for a fact that Jared met with VTB during the transition. We know that Trump's sons said they got their money from Russia.

These are just a few. There are obviously more that we don't know. Hookers owe their pimps less than Trump owes Putin.

Lying to Muller or the FBI are not illegal activities that are going necessarily to bring down the Trump administration. Clinton got away with it, because the senate didn't think it rose to the level of an impeachment. I think that is what the you're only damned if did something really wrong comment refers to. Even money laundering and tax shenanigans prior to 2016 may not be "really wrong" enough to warrant impeachment.

Lying to Muller or the FBI are not illegal activities that are going necessarily to bring down the Trump administration. Clinton got away with it, because the senate didn't think it rose to the level of an impeachment. I think that is what the you're only damned if did something really wrong comment refers to. Even money laundering and tax shenanigans prior to 2016 may not be "really wrong" enough to warrant impeachment.

But they have five year federal statute of limitations.

He's not getting impeached unless Dems take over the House. Then, if there are a list of charges that include lying to the FBI, obstruction, federal elections crimes and money-laundering, he will get impeached by the House and not be convicted in the Senate.

He's not getting impeached unless Dems take over the House. Then, if there are a list of charges that include lying to the FBI, obstruction, federal elections crimes and money-laundering, he will get impeached by the House and not be convicted in the Senate.

All of which leads to a nothing burger. He needs to have dome something "really wrong" in order to lose the Mueller fight and face some consequences. Just to clarify, unlike Lectro and Moonz (etc.) I am not saying he is isn't guilty of any of those things (investigation is ongoing, but all the lying makes me very suspicious), all I am saying is that the consequences are really really small unless he did something "really wrong".

Clinton was impeached. But he was acquitted by the Senate because they couldn't get the 2/3rds majority to remove him from office.

If Dems win House, they will go after him. They will decide if it's better to impeach (there will be ample charges) orf just keep killing him from 2018-2020.

What if the GOP sees Dems are likely to take over the House, know that Pence is also implicated, and would rather have President Paul Ryan than whomever the Dems pick, so impeach sooner?

Clinton was impeached. But he was acquitted by the Senate because they couldn't get the 2/3rds majority to remove him from office.

Yes, sorry for being lose with my terminology. Ultimately though, there were few to no consequences for Bill Clinton for perjury and lying to investigators.

giphy.gif

I know I am, just keep going at a medium pace darlin'...

I try to leave you a little side-car that you can hop it into, little buddy. I know you are not only a tad slow but short, to boot. All that early morning cheese smoking tends to stunt the hormones and such.

Gotta check in with your handler every now and then.

Trump’s national security advisers warned him not to congratulate Putin. He did it anyway.

President Trump did not follow specific warnings from his national security advisers when he congratulated Russian President Vladi­mir Putin Tuesday on his reelection, including a section in his briefing materials in all-capital letters stating “DO NOT CONGRATULATE,” according to officials familiar with the call.

Trump also chose not to heed talking points from aides instructing him to condemn Putin about the recent poisoning of a former Russian spy in the United Kingdom with a powerful nerve agent, a case that both the British and U.S. governments have blamed on Moscow.

The president’s conversation with Putin, which Trump called a “very good call,” prompted fresh criticism of his muted tone toward one of the United States’s biggest geopolitical rivals amid the ongoing special counsel investigation into Russia’s election interference and the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russian officials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...bc50284fce8_story.html?utm_term=.e7a512e8f27e

Back