• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

There will be a lot of referrals between now and New Year's.

Drama builds around Stone in Mueller probe

Robert Mueller continues to zero in on Roger Stone as speculation builds that the special counsel could take a major overt step in his Russia investigation following the midterm elections next week.

Stone, a longtime adviser to President Trump who briefly worked on his campaign, is viewed as central to the question of what, if anything, members of the Trump campaign knew in advance about Democratic emails hacked by Russian operatives and then released by WikiLeaks.

Legal analysts say Mueller is likely interested in determining whether the campaign helped coordinate the document dump, and views Stone as key to making that judgment.

Stone, who both publicly and privately referenced contacts with WikiLeaks during the campaign, has drawn the interest of Mueller in recent weeks and months.

The special counsel’s team has been interviewing and subpoenaing several Stone associates and former Trump campaign officials in an apparent effort to drill down on Stone’s links to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and any knowledge he had about the hacked emails.

Emails released Thursday by The New York Times showed that Stone was in communication with at least one senior campaign official — namely Stephen Bannon — about the forthcoming disclosures, anticipating “a load every week going forward” when asked about Assange’s plans. Mueller’s team interviewed Bannon last week, a source familiar with the interaction confirmed to The Hill.

Full: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/414630-drama-builds-around-stone-in-mueller-probe

I hope Mueller has his federal and state cases ready for distribution if the House goes Dem.

Swalwell should say that if Mueller and/or Rosenstein is fired that charges against Donnie, Jr., and Jared will be charged with contempt of Congress and perjury.

So if Dems take the House, I expect subpoenas for all of Trump's tax records on day one. That should be enjoyable.

Swalwell and Schiff have each that is critical to getting to the real answers.

Let the games begin!!!

So if Dems take the House, I expect subpoenas for all of Trump's tax records on day one. That should be enjoyable.

Agreed. Hopefully the republic is still standing by the time the new Congress gets sworn in (January).

More than a little worried about what type of damage the orange buffoon can do when completely trapped in a corner.

ETA: IF Dems take back the house

Agreed. Hopefully the republic is still standing by the time the new Congress gets sworn in (January).

More than a little worried about what type of damage the orange buffoon can do when completely trapped in a corner.

ETA: IF Dems take back the house

Very optimistic of you to think that Congress will get sworn in come January. I have more than a sneaking suspicion that we will be waiting longer than that due to challenges of results from basically every losing GOP candidate, encouraged by Trump.

Very optimistic of you to think that Congress will get sworn in come January. I have more than a sneaking suspicion that we will be waiting longer than that due to challenges of results from basically every losing GOP candidate, encouraged by Trump.

Yeah I am definitely concerned about this as well.

What are the odds that Trump fires Sessions and Rosenstein tonight?

I'm expecting that to happen sometime after 10:00 eastern tonight. I'm also expecting Mueller to issue his report and resume with maybe a few new charges in the next 2-3 days. Then I expect a constitutional crisis sometime after both of those events occur.

What I don't get is why Lindsay Graham is so hellbent to be AG. I think it's safe to say Sessions would tell all of us that being Trump's AG wasn't all that great an experience. Why give up a safe senate seat forever to be AG for 2 years when you know you're going to have to face some terrible ethical issues in that 2 year period?

It wasn't 50% more than Trump paid for it. I think Trump paid around $40-42M and put it on the market for $55M. It was on the market for over six months with ZERO offers when Putin's buddy paid Trump almost 80% over asking price for the property.

The buyer and his plane were only at about 5-7 Trump campaign stops with the plane parked next to Trump's. The new owner didn't buy any access or wasn't looking after his investment much.

Come on Dems, you've got to investigate the billions Trump laundered for Putin and his buddies. At least do it in NY State, where Trump's crime family can be convicted and sent to jail without the possibility of pardons.

Hey at least the Democrats have already said they would do televised hearings with Mueller if Trump fires him so the public can know what he knows.

Back