• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

I'm not saying that at all. I just think it is interesting to determine whether what we know constitutes a violation of the law. The fact that I don't think it does doesn't mean I'm calling for the investigation to be shut down or making a statement about whether or not Trump should ultimately be impeached.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I've seen too many people taking that tack since Mueller was appointed.

If you are looking actual Trump crimes, I think obstruction of justice is a far more likely path to successful prosecution, if you could prosecute a sitting president. Among other things that he has done, firing Comey and a few days later proclaiming to the Russian ambassador that you fired the guy because of the whole Russia thing is pretty fucking blatant obstruction. I'd assert that Mueller's investigation continuing to focus on collusion and Russia interactions of the Trump campaign actually argues against the notion that the investigation is a witch hunt out for blood against Trump and supports the notion that the investigation is ultimately concerned with what and how Russia influenced the election.

Bird, I posted the actions and words of Common Cause and two or three election law experts about "things of value" that are diametrically opposed to what Junebug says is the law.

Here are some more that agree with this position:

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/7/10/15950590/donald-trump-jr-new-york-times-illegal

"But experts on national security and election law say this “defense” is, legally speaking, no defense at all.

“The emails are simply put damning as a legal matter,” explains Ryan Goodman, a former Defense Department special counsel and current editor of the legal site Just Security. “The text of the emails provide very clear evidence of participation in a scheme to involve the Russian government in federal election interference, in a form that is prohibited by federal criminal law.”

Jens David Ohlin, a law professor at Cornell University, is even blunter: “It’s a shocking admission of a criminal conspiracy.”

Trump Jr.‘s decision to take the meeting in and of itself likely violated campaign finance law, which does not require you to actually get anything useful from foreigners. In other words, the mere fact that Trump Jr. asked for information from a Russian national about Clinton might have constituted a federal crime."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/11/110.20

"(b)Contributions and donations by foreign nationals in connection with elections. A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value, or expressly or impliedly promise to make a contribution or a donation, in connection with any Federal, State, or local election."

"(g)Solicitation, acceptance, or receipt of contributions and donations from foreign nationals. No person shall knowingly solicit, accept, or receive from a foreign national any contribution or donation prohibited by paragraphs (b) through (d) of this section."

Don't forget how Hillary helped cover up that Craig James killed 5 hookers.

Carter Page testified that he told Sessions about his trip to Russia.

Carter Page testified that he told Sessions about his trip to Russia.

Definitely not good news for sessions.

I posted this on the other thread but I can't figure out Page. He's either trying to muddy the waters of the investigation or a complete dotard. My gut tells me the former but after seeing the people Trump surrounds himself with...maybe he is just a fucking idiot.

Skeevety, racist, asshole Jeff Sessions has now been proven to have lied under oarth to the Senate on at least two occasions. I hope they put his ass in Leavenworth or, even better, in GITMO.

Carter Paige has told the House and NBC that he told Jeff Sessions that he was making a trip to Russia. Another Sessions lie to the Senate.

I dont doubt this is Trumps teams strategy here. But I do not see Congress confirming any new AG nominee by Trump.

Yeah. If Senate Republicans have any line, it's Trump screwing over Sessions.

Back