• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Yeah. If Senate Republicans have any line, it's Trump screwing over Sessions.

Lol. So true.

But on top of that you have all Dems plus Corker, Flake and McCain who will not let Trump get away with a puppet AG who will fire Mueller. Hell I wouldn't even fill the position until the investigation is over.

I may be giving the Senate too much credit but I do not see them confirming a new Ag.

A lot of rumors floating around that a Flynn indictment could come as soon as tomorrow.

Last edited:
Lol. So true.

But on top of that you have all Dems plus Corker, Flake and McCain who will not let Trump get away with a puppet AG who will fire Mueller. Hell I wouldn't even fill the position until the investigation is over.

I may be giving the Senate too much credit but I do not see them confirming a new Ag.

lol

I dont doubt this is Trumps teams strategy here. But I do not see Congress confirming any new AG nominee by Trump.

Don't think that really matters. Trump can just name an acting AG, doesn't have to be confirmed by Senate.

I just think it’s hilarious that the same Senate that confirmed woefully unqualified Betsy DeVos would do anything to inhibit a Trump nominee.

Will the Aryan Nation make Sessions "blood in" to get their protection in federal prison?

This Carter Page thing seems really minor to me. It doesn't seem that Page "was in contact with the Russians", or that he ever told Sessions he was going to meet with any important Russians, he just gave a speech in Moscow. Seems more likely that Sessions forgot about it than that he was trying to evade questioning from Congress. Far be it from me to carry water for Jeff Sessions but it seems like a ticky-tack thing to start talking about sacking him - unless Page had a lot more incriminating tings to say in his private hearing.

This Carter Page thing seems really minor to me. It doesn't seem that Page "was in contact with the Russians", or that he ever told Sessions he was going to meet with any important Russians, he just gave a speech in Moscow. Seems more likely that Sessions forgot about it than that he was trying to evade questioning from Congress. Far be it from me to carry water for Jeff Sessions but it seems like a ticky-tack thing to start talking about sacking him - unless Page had a lot more incriminating tings to say in his private hearing.

If it was the only one, I'd agree with you, but there are multiple events and the wording of Sessions' statements.

Yeah, I mean, Sessions just seems really, really dumb. Maybe I'm underestimating him, but I just don't think he knowingly lied to Congress. I think he knows he's dumb enough not to be able to pull it off.

He is from Alabama, so your theory is highly probable. Just look at his likely successor.

Yeah, I mean, Sessions just seems really, really dumb. Maybe I'm underestimating him, but I just don't think he knowingly lied to Congress. I think he knows he's dumb enough not to be able to pull it off.

Or he is dumb and arrogant enough to think he is above the law.

I also think Sessions is the most likely and will probably be the most willing to turn on Trump if he has to do so to stay out of a long prison stretch.

Last edited:
Or he knew about all of the Russian connections and lied to Congress any way...

Trump campaign adviser: Sessions opposed Russia meeting

A former Trump campaign adviser said that Attorney General Jeff Sessions advised campaign officials not to discuss one adviser's proposed meeting with Moscow, according to a new report.

"He said no one should talk about it," said J.D. Gordon, a former campaign adviser who was at the meeting, and said that Sessions did not want the idea associated with the campaign.

Sessions made the remark at a meeting between Trump and his campaign's foreign policy team in March 2016, The New York Times reported.

Foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos, who pleaded guilty to lying to federal officials about his Russian contacts, suggested during the meeting that he had "connections that could help arrange a meeting between then-candidate Trump and President Putin,” the court records say.

Sessions firmly opposed the idea, Gordon said, according to the Times, "And he said that no one should talk about it because it might leak."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...sessions-opposed-possible-russia-meeting-said

Last edited:

i don't buy this. his meetings with the Senate have been contentious about his lack of remembering meetings, what happened in the meetings and who was there. i think he is playing dumb and just refusing to answer questions by saying "i don't recall" or "i don't take notes in meetings" or some other BS.

i don't buy this. his meetings with the Senate have been contentious about his lack of remembering meetings, what happened in the meetings and who was there. i think he is playing dumb and just refusing to answer questions by saying "i don't recall" or "i don't take notes in meetings" or some other BS.

I agree with this. Sessions has a pretty distinguished career in military, law (US attorney and AL AG) and politics (20 years in the senate). He knows what he's doing.

Back