• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Not sure what you mean by “hopefully.” That’s exactly what Trump was elected to do.

I thought you meant we were going to go through a Second Reconstruction once Trump was out of office. Sorry if I misread your post.

Axios: The real Trump bombshell

It's easy to lose sight of what truly matters in this Russia investigation. And, to be fair, only Robert Mueller truly knows. But Jim VandeHei points out that, lost in the buzz around the BuzzFeed story, was a bombshell floated by Trump’s own lawyer, Rudy Giuliani:

In remarks that he yesterday tried to walk back as "hypothetical," Giuliani admitted Trump's team may have been working on — and updating him on — a potential Trump Tower in Moscow all the way up to Election Day.[/B]
This possibility is a huge deal for four reasons:

Giuliani suggested that then-candidate Trump was aware of — and discussed — the deal far longer than previously disclosed. Giuliani, relaying a quote from the president that hardly sounds hypothetical, said in an interview with the N.Y. Times that Trump had told him the Trump Tower Moscow discussions were "going on from the day I announced to the day I won."

That would mean Trump was being untruthful or highly misleading with his repeated campaign denials of any Moscow business dealings, as late as his Oct. 9 debate with Hillary Clinton: "I don’t deal there."

This would mean Trump was cooking up a business deal with Vladimir Putin’s Russia while calling for warmer relations with Russia and questioning the U.S. role in Putin’s nemesis, NATO.

And Russian officials would have had negative information to hold over Trump, during the election and after. They would have known Trump was misleading the American people about his Moscow deal.

Why this matters: Imagine there was no drip, drip, drip — and we learned in one fell swoop that an American presidential candidate was secretly negotiating a multibillion-dollar business deal with an enemy of the United States (and falsely denied it) while that nation was seeking to tip our election in his favor.

Be smart: It appears the Giuliani strategy includes, little by little, confirming troubling facts so that they won't seem as jarring when revealed in full by Mueller or others.

This allows Trump and others to say: "This isn’t new." Or: "Trump disclosed this earlier."

Yep. It’s a frog in boiling water situation.

Even if Trump is never brought to justice, if his presidency ends up killing the NRA, it will have been mostly worth it.

Even if Trump is never brought to justice, if his presidency ends up killing the NRA, it will have been mostly worth it.

Right. Trump is small potatoes compared to killing the GOP political machine. If Trump goes down, they can just make another Trump.

QUOTE=sailordeac;3233628]surely, now you've got him[/QUOTE]

Holy shit you’ve hitched your wagon to a real winner, sport.

The very same BuzzFeed that made up a story about your favorite President.

LOL at the construction guy saying it’s not plans because it’s not blueprints. I didn’t know they had gotten far enough as a mock up of the exterior.

64nmz7.jpg

Yes, Mueller did not say it was false just inconsistent. Buzzfeed has doubled down on the story’s validity. I guess we will see. One thing we know is that it is consistent with what Trump would do...I will wait and see and will not be surprised in the least if it is accurate.

Back