• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Right. On PSA, they were talking about a Marcy Wheeler theory that BuzzFeed News’ sources are from SDNY and Mueller wanted to clarify that it didn’t come from him. He may also have more info.

He doth protesth too much.

that was old, right after election...but now we know that it was a complete and total fabrication (as is most of the things that come from Trump).

Yes, Mueller did not say it was false just inconsistent. Buzzfeed has doubled down on the story’s validity. I guess we will see. One thing we know is that it is consistent with what Trump would do...I will wait and see and will not be surprised in the least if it is accurate.

I read recently where someone said Mueller didn’t break 18 months of complete silence just to say there was a semantic inaccuracy

I read recently where someone said Mueller didn’t break 18 months of complete silence just to say there was a semantic inaccuracy

Recently what? :)

Something else to think bout is if Mueller had his people talk about this one but not the others could mean all the other stories about Trump, Russia, etc., were accurate.

Agreed. The motive for the “correction” clearly wasn’t just to point out a semantic inaccuracy. Pointing out the inaccuracy accomplished some other purpose for Mueller’s team.

Tamping down impeachment talk; protecting his investigation from White House influence (partly by ceding to White House influence in this situation); trying to maintain some semblance of credibility for a potential key witness; a legitimate disagreement on how to interpret the documents that corroborate Cohen’s admissions that he lied to Congress about Trump Tower Moscow.

As to the last two, it appears the main source of tension between Mueller’s team and Buzzfeed is whether Cohen lied to Congress because Trump told him to lie about when Trump Tower Moscow negotiations ended or because Trump was lying to the American people about when those negotiations ended.

It’s important to remember that this debate is about why Cohen lied, not whether he lied. Mueller’s statement in no way contradicts reporting that:

Our current president was negotiating a $300M real estate deal directly with a hostile foreign government that he knew was actively trying to influence the election in his favor. The deal was to be financed by Russian banks under U.S. sanctions, include a $50 million kickback to the Russian President who ordered the interference in our election, and negotiations lasted up until Election Day. While negotiations were ongoing, our current president changed the Republican platform to include a call to reduce sanctions on Russia, a complete 180 and the only substantive change his campaign pushed for.

The above is well established at this point. I understand the desire for Trump supporters and our resident pubs who “didn’t support Trump” to remain willfully ignorant of that fact, but at the end of the day, if you read the above paragraph and still support the party that has allowed this man to stay in power for 2 years and counting you are either batshit crazy or a bad person and American.

I just presume foreign lobbyists are paying off everyone in government. What else are they here to do?

Back