• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

A federal judge has decided that Manafort made at least three lies about contacts with Russians to Mueller and the Grand Jury. His deal is now off and he's likely to be sentenced to spend most of the rest of his life in federal prison.

These issues dealt with Kilimnik and other Russian contacts. Basically, this federal judge is alleging Manafort's conspiracy with Russia.

Collusion isn't a crime. Conspiracy is.

*Kilimpdick

why would anyone need to lie about Russia under oath if this is a hoax, witch hunt, sham investigation?

I can't say I'm totally familiar with agency law and even if it would be applicable here (so please, lawyers that have actually graduated law school and are practicing, inform me), but at some point, wouldn't there be a pretty standard agent/principal liability issue that ties all this directly to Trump irrespective of whether one can actually definitively prove that Trump had direct knowledge?

I can't say I'm totally familiar with agency law and even if it would be applicable here (so please, lawyers that have actually graduated law school and are practicing, inform me), but at some point, wouldn't there be a pretty standard agent/principal liability issue that ties all this directly to Trump irrespective of whether one can actually definitively prove that Trump had direct knowledge?

Nope, the buck stops everywhere else.

Would be interested to hear from some board legal eagles as well.

First thing that comes to mind here is RICO.

Sailor scratches sailing cap

If Barr tries to shut Mueller down, everything will be leaked. It would be Trump's worst nightmare. Barr would go down in history as a toady and un-American joke.

Back