• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Moonz transition into BKF has been remarkable to behold in a sad demented sort of way.

Another thing people are forgetting here...Mueller’s investigation is a criminal one meaning his sole objective is to look for criminal misconduct in the context of Russian election interference, alleged conspiracy between the Trump campaign & Russia and any related obstruction of justice.

Mueller could very well find abuses of power or misconduct that are politically and ethically damaging but fall outside of the definition of criminal conduct.

And because the actions are not criminal, DOJ does not necessarily have to report on them.

This is why Barr’s decision to release some, all or none of Mueller’s findings is so critical.

And why it might take other entities to continue to piece the puzzle pieces together (essentially what happened in watergate).

Bump.

Depending on Mueller’s findings, several Democrats said, ongoing congressional investigations may benefit more from interviewing those witnesses than from waiting while lawyers seek to compel Barr to release Mueller’s notes — especially on the Senate Intelligence Committee, the one panel that has not closed its investigation of Russia’s election interference. That probe began shortly after Trump’s inauguration.

On the House side, Democrats are reluctant to spend much time waiting for a full handing over of Mueller’s documents that may never happen before they forge ahead with their own investigations. There is even some resistance to taking much direction from Mueller if such materials are fully disclosed, as the limits of the special counsel’s probe — it was restricted to looking for criminal activity — do not apply to lawmakers, who can probe any suspected misconduct or potential abuse of power.

What Democrats will be looking for most closely in Mueller’s report, aides said, is any hint he uncovered evidence that could have led to an indictment of Trump. In their letter to Barr on Friday, the House Democratic leaders warned of “the particular danger” of withholding any evidence of misconduct by Trump. “To maintain that a sitting president cannot be indicted, and then to withhold evidence of wrongdoing from Congress because the President will not be charged, is to convert Department policy into the means for a cover-up. The President,” they wrote, “is not above the law.”

There could be all the evidence in the world and his %30 - %35 would still not believe it. They do not care. At all.

I don’t know Sig’s political persuasion but I have a feeling there are more than just “far left liberals” who believe your characterization of the investigation to date is myopic. You can count me in the former Republican/moderate/independent camp who thinks its myopic.

NED, you’re like the most liberal partisan poster on the tunnels

Trump openly asked Russians to hack Hillary's emails and they did it that same day.

Honestly, I think the most likely explanation is Trump had just heard that day that wikileaks had hacked the emails and couldn't help but repeat aloud the last thing he's heard. Besides, his favorite kind of predictions are the ones he already knows to be true.

NED, you’re like the most liberal partisan poster on the tunnels

I’m pro-country first and foremost.

In the US, there is one party who actively undermines the constitution, plays the autocracy card and generally just acts like a big bag of dicks. And there is one party who actively opposes all of this.

I am unapologetically in the camp for the party who opposes the creeping authoritarianism and corruption.

I didn’t realize you were a libertarian. Good for you. I’m probably not far behind.

Meh. I don’t subscribe to any particular political ideology these days except for pragmatic and radical centrism.

There is a deep libertarian streak in me but I am very much against libertarianism without consideration for the costs of unfettered free markets.

I am also very much against casting protest votes for 3rd party candidate knowing full well that the polling immediately prior to the election demonstrates that the 3rd party candidate is about to get destroyed.

Honestly, I think the most likely explanation is Trump had just heard that day that wikileaks had hacked the emails and couldn't help but repeat aloud the last thing he's heard. Besides, his favorite kind of predictions are the ones he already knows to be true.

Don’t bother enlightening a moron

He’s about as much a libertarian as a vegetarian

You need new material dude.

My handle is newenglanddeac...jokes about the patriots, terrible Boston accents, Ben Affleck, food with crustaceans...are quite literally teed up for you or anyone else.

Your shit is as unoriginal as it is not funny.

Hey moonz, how do you like them apples?

You need new material dude.

My handle is newenglanddeac...jokes about the patriots, terrible Boston accents, Ben Affleck, food with crustaceans...are quite literally teed up for you or anyone else.

Your shit is as unoriginal as it is not funny.

HEY NED, GO EAT SOME CHOWDAH YA MORAN!

Examples?

Hillary was CLEARLY guilty. Even a stupid person could see that. It's all over the internet. You lazy lubes can get off your mama's couches and find it yourself. The lubes think she was best ever and can't understand why she would lose.

Back