• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

I don't have a problem with Mueller testifying...I mean we know what he is going to do in that testimony. He is going to pull a reverse James Comey. He is going to spout a lot of things that says Trump is an awful human being (like Comey did with Hillary), and then he is still not going to recommend charges (because doing so would nullfy his report, and he would have to answer for that...). Democrats know this, and it is good political fodder, but Trump should just shut his mouth. Let Mueller testify and then if strays from his report, you can rip him on it for lying/being inconsistent and say he is not to be trusted. If he simply repeats the report, good for him, that is what he should do...

Nothing in that report is really all that damaging to Trump. Everyone knows the guy is an unstable egomaniac. Only thing Mueller could do to hurt trump would be to actually recommend an obstruction charge, and if he does that then Mueller opens himself up to being untrustworthy because he didn't make that recommendation in the first place.

I honestly question whether you've even read any excerpts from the reports. You're just way off - factually.

Barr has been held in Contempt of Congress.

Shockingly, Trump is now saying he will block Mueller's testimony to Congress this month. I wonder why he wants to block someone who says Trump is a serial criminal.

Wrangor seems to be going out of his way to misinterpret the Mueller report. Why?

When someone shows you who they are, believe them. Wrangor's a true believer -- don't buy into his schtick. Remember, he went all in on Benghazi like he was Alex Jones.

does this contempt thing actually mean anything, or just a symbolic gesture?

I believe it now goes to a US Attorney in EDVA or DC. That attorney would then have to file charges. The problem is that attorney also reports into the Attorney General.

I think Democrats will need to file a lawsuit which could take months if not years to move through the courts.

Has anyone seen the fully redacted report yet?

Knowing Barr’s track record of shilling for the White House, I would be shocked if he didn’t redact something egregious.

This is a page from the fully redacted report.

full%20page.jpg

Means nothing.

Dems looking bad here.
Want to hold AG in contempt because he refuses to break the law.

Means nothing.

Dems looking bad here.
Want to hold AG in contempt because he refuses to break the law.

What a total crock of shit! Barr hasn't been asked to break any law. His butt is hurt because he won't answer questions in the same manner Senate Republicans used against Dr. Blasey-Ford. He's also showing contempt for the Constitution by blocking the House's constitutional duty of oversight.

Parts of the report involve grand jury stuff. Congress ain't gonna get that. I understand parts of the report involve confidential stuff that some members of Congress can review and that will not be released to the public.

What a total crock of shit! Barr hasn't been asked to break any law. His butt is hurt because he won't answer questions in the same manner Senate Republicans used against Dr. Blasey-Ford. He's also showing contempt for the Constitution by blocking the House's constitutional duty of oversight.

BS as usual

Barr testified voluntarily.

Barr cannot release the entire report.
Ask any of the lawyers here.

Back