• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Rumblings that Trump is going to shake up his legal team or be more aggressive with Mueller. Get your popcorn.

So the President is going to attempt to end an independent investigation looking into possible crimes by the Executive branch in the 2016 election.

That will end well for him for sure.

Don’t you also need to prove the trump campaign acted on the email, or used the description key? This looks bad, but anyone can send anyone an email.

Don’t you also need to prove the trump campaign acted on the email, or used the description key? This looks bad, but anyone can send anyone an email.

Actually I think you just need to know they asked for the key or sending the key was based on some agreed upon arrangement.

So the President is going to attempt to end an independent investigation looking into possible crimes by the Executive branch in the 2016 election.

Well Trump tweeted Dershowitz just a few days ago and Dershowitz has been saying Trump should start challenging Mueller's requests as being out of the scope of inquiry, so I'd expect that to happen.

Well Trump tweeted Dershowitz just a few days ago and Dershowitz has been saying Trump should start challenging Mueller's requests as being out of the scope of inquiry, so I'd expect that to happen.

Because it's always good to just take advice from a celebrity lawyer you see on TV.

I am not a lawyer, nor did I attend law school, but I assume this should all be done in private, and not publicly, as Trump is the head of the Executive branch and is directly calling out the FBI.

Yeah, what's the "scope" of the investigation and how would Donald know what it is? Why would the FBI want the targets of an internal investigation to know what the scope is? I'm sure Whitey Bulger would've been interested to know what the scope was as well.

Donald's the attorney who objects to questions on relevance grounds during a deposition while everyone else just stares at them.

When asked to lead the task force Robert Mueller was instructed by Deputy Attorney Rod Rosenstein to "issue subpoenas, hire staff members, request funding, and prosecute federal crimes in connection with the election interference."

I think it would be very tough for Donald Trump to prove that any of the federal charges brought up so far: laundering, tax fraud, lying to the FBI (obviously not this one) are not "in connection with the election interference."

Not to mention, I don't think that the "well these crimes weren't connected to the initial scope so they won't hold up and I can't/shouldn't be charged" would work very well in the long run.

"Officer you pulled me over solely for speeding so you can't arrest me for having cocaine in my car because it's beyond the scope of what you pulled me over for."

35+% of the country will still be solidly behind him. It's all fake news. Trump isn't toast until Fox and congressional Pubs turn on him.

Trump is at his low point approval among Republicans. He's only been this low twice before, once in late Oct and once in late August.

78%

http://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

Needs to be much lower if you want to start talking impeachment. Any impeachment efforts have to be at least somewhat bipartisan. And if you do impeach him, then we get the darling of the religious right, President Pence, who will be more effective getting Trump's agenda moving forward than Trump has been. It's pretty much a no win situation until 2020, other than maybe taking back the house in 2018.

LOL if you think that President Trump firing Mueller will have any negative effect for him. The Trump cumguzzlers that make up today's 'Pub party will handle it the exact same way they have handled the pederast's revelations in Alabama: bitch and moan for a little while and then do nothing.

The only way the President is going down is at the ballot box.

24796326_1902082896486205_607231836463367811_n.jpg

Apparently Mueller provided Manafort's defense team with over 116,000 pages in discovery.

Hope Hicks? Hope hicks won't care.

(She looks hot AF in that picture though)

Back