• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Especially in the sense that the government is designed to have small compartmentalization of experts in different departments that use their knowledge collectively to then inform the final decisions. Doesn’t work too well when dumb ass in chief just does whatever they want because they are a fucking moron.

moonz, do you think there should be an investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election?

If so, should it only be conducted by people who have sworn their loyalty to Trump?

wow, Trump must be getting nervous...these BS opinion pieces keep coming out and there is less evidence in some of these allegations when compared to what has already been found in the Russian Interference investigation.

Donald's attorney Sekulow called for a special counsel to investigate the special counsel this morning.

Bunch of idiots.

Trump lawyers want second special counsel appointed now

President Trump's legal team believes Attorney General Jeff Session's Justice Department and the FBI — more than special counsel Robert Mueller himself — are to blame for what they see as a witch hunt.

The result: They want an additional special counsel named to investigate the investigators.

Trump officials outlined their new line of thinking to me last night.

The new demand was prompted by a Fox News article last evening by James Rosen and Jake Gibson: "A senior Justice Department official [Bruce Ohr] demoted last week for concealing his meetings with the men behind the anti-Trump 'dossier' had even closer ties to Fusion GPS, the firm responsible for the incendiary document, than have been disclosed: ... The official's wife [Nellie Ohr] worked for Fusion GPS during the 2016 election."

Jay Sekulow, a member of the President's legal team, tells me: "The Department of Justice and FBI cannot ignore the multiple problems that have been created by these obvious conflicts of interests. These new revelations require the appointment of a Special Counsel to investigate."
Unlike some other vocal Republicans, Trump's lawyers say they respect Mueller and trust him, and want to get to the finish line with him.

In November, the WashPost reported: "Attorney General Jeff Sessions is entertaining the idea of appointing a second special counsel to investigate a host of Republican concerns — including alleged wrongdoing by the Clinton Foundation and the controversial sale of a uranium company to Russia."

Trump lawyers' strategy: Cooperate with Mueller, and insist publicly they have nothing to hide, and expect the president to be fully cleared early in the new year.

Behind the curtain: Trump's non-legal aides seem way more nervous, and some tell me that they assume the end will be neither near nor pleasant.

Be smart: Among Republicans, the argument that the investigation is tainted is picking up steam, including comments by Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) on Friday: "I will be challenging Rs and Ds on Senate Judiciary Committee to support a Special Counsel to investigate ALL THINGS 2016 — not just Trump and Russia."

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow last night cites a "fire-Mueller freakout on the right": "Everyone's throwing red flags on the possibility of firing Robert Mueller, on both sides of the aisle."

Editor's Note: Get more stories like this by signing up for my daily morning newsletter, Axios AM.

https://www.axios.com/trump-lawyers...witter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

"i got this"

Heinrich-Himmler.jpg

Nothing like blatantly attempting obstruction of justice with a special counsel to investigate the special counsel investigating you for obstruction justice. These people really are Morans.

think of all the money we could save by axing the FBI and just using Trump Gestapo

I don't know...Trump's inner circle has a propensity to spend lavishly on private planes, golf trips to Mar-a-lago and privacy chambers. I actually think a private gestapo might be a net negative for the American taxpayer.

Then there's that whole cost of human life thing when Trump's private police are more concerned with protecting Trump than the Constitution.

Back