• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

.....yeah....that's the crisis - that the constitution didn't necessarily contemplate a president pardoning his associates who allegedly committed crimes on his own behalf.

Of course knowing how dumb Donald is about some of this stuff, he'll pardon people before they've provided all their testimony and remove their ability to invoke the 5th Amendment against self-incrimination.

It's not a constitutional crisis that Trump has the power you don't want him to have. He can pardon whomever he wants.

it's a constitutional crisis because the ability to pardon was not expected to be given out to end-around the president's illegal activities. that ability is inherently wrong and against everything the constitution represents.

if you don't see the flaw in that, you have a problem. based on your views, i don''t think you would throw you hands in the air and say "oh well" if Obama, or any Dem president tried this.

it is a travesty, period. everyone should be outraged.

For the legal scholars among us, could granting a pardon be considered part of obstruction of justice? Or conspiracy to obstruct justice?

Rep. Gowdy is implying Trump is about to fire FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe. That could make things interesting.

Rep. Gowdy is implying Trump is about to fire FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe. That could make things interesting.

Nicolle Wallace just reported that she heard from a few close sources recently Jeff Sessions might be on his way out also.

That's the beginning of a Saturday Night Massacre.

Nicolle Wallace just reported that she heard from a few close sources recently Jeff Sessions might be on his way out also.

That's the beginning of a Saturday Night Massacre.

This is like the 5th time we’ve been told of rumors that Sessions is on the hot seat.

Kinda late for that. Surprised Fox News doesn't just have their own PR service for pay.

Unless something worse than what's already public is about to be made public... like an indictment.

According to the report, his team reached out to the firms in the past 2 weeks.

it's a constitutional crisis because the ability to pardon was not expected to be given out to end-around the president's illegal activities. that ability is inherently wrong and against everything the constitution represents.

if you don't see the flaw in that, you have a problem. based on your views, i don''t think you would throw you hands in the air and say "oh well" if Obama, or any Dem president tried this.

it is a travesty, period. everyone should be outraged.

Of course I would, I'm a democrat.

Unless something worse than what's already public is about to be made public... like an indictment.

According to the report, his team reached out to the firms in the past 2 weeks.

Wilson and Schindler (I know) have strongly hinted that Kushner is next for Mueller. He’s like Flynn, he’s too exposed not to have done something worthy of an indictment.

So the transition team expected Mueller to request their emails and had already gone through and identified ones they wanted to hold back and identify as "privileged" only to find out Mueller's team had gone around them and gotten all of the emails already from the group that hosted the email system. If only they had learned something from the 2016 election.

So the transition team expected Mueller to request their emails and had already gone through and identified ones they wanted to hold back and identify as "privileged" only to find out Mueller's team had gone around them and gotten all of the emails already from the group that hosted the email system. If only they had learned something from the 2016 election.

Seriously.

Also I have a hard time believing Mueller obtained these improperly like Fox is claiming. Especially if they were hosted on a government server.

Back