• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Thread on Free Board is Titled

I'm not talking about moderating, I'm just trying to think from the perspective of someone posting on scout, like matt for instance. You come over and see that the mods are just chat thread posters, random names and then even a Ron Wellman parody, and it might be tough to take the board seriously.

Matt will be here soon enough

Don't piss them off. There are plenty of pissed off people over there already who think we're a bunch of degenerates as it is.

What did Deacman say?

"I have no issues with them promoting the new boards. I don't think they need 10 different threads to do it though. One for each board here should be plenty. Have no idea how the other mods will react to it. And I presume Kent won't be pleased with it. "

Kent having our back is huge. Ok, signing back in over there so that my access is revoked.

Understandable. Just know that we have some other quality posters and there needs to be complete consensus before anything happens (thread deletion/user banning).
It will take time, but its going to work.

Is this the actual policy you guys have decided on, or are you exagerrating? There's like a dozen mods here it feels like...how often are you all going to completely agree on a decision?

I understand this board was in large part founded because of unilateral action by the mods at DS, but this seems like a bit of an overcorrection imo. Should just be a super majority.

And I think the bigger problem at DS was the lack of communication. Regardless of how many mods make a decision here, the key is to clearly explain it.

The mods will also mess with the posters from other fan bases just trolling before banning them.

Is this the actual policy you guys have decided on, or are you exagerrating? There's like a dozen mods here it feels like...how often are you all going to completely agree on a decision?

I understand this board was in large part founded because of unilateral action by the mods at DS, but this seems like a bit of an overcorrection imo. Should just be a super majority.

And I think the bigger problem at DS was the lack of communication. Regardless of how many mods make a decision here, the key is to clearly explain it.

Supermajority is a good description of our decision-making process.

Let me go verify that and get a supermajority about my comment.

I intend to read and post on both boards--all I'm really looking for is a place to get information about the Deacs. I'm not interested in any kind of board politics or hierarchies. Just want to know what is going on. Hopefully this board can facilitate the flow of information to the interested...

Back