• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Flake not running for re-election

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
This is big. He is saying he refuses to take positions he would have to take to get re-elected.

This could give an opening if there is a good Dem. The GOP will nominate the crazy Kelli Ward.

"There may not be a place in the Republican Party for a Republican like me."

Some Pubs can’t abide the bullshittery their party has become. Good for them.

meh, another "reasonable" politician scared of running against the Alt Right. Leaves door open for another wingnut.

this is how democracy dies

This is an amazing speech. Ripping his fellow Republicans and colleagues for complicity and cowardice.

Well, the Pubs have embraced a self-interested and damnable politics for a while, exponentially more so following Obama’s first election. Trump is the culmination and more a symptom than a cause.

Kudos to any willing to speak the truth.

This is an amazing speech. Ripping his fellow Republicans and colleagues for complicity and cowardice.

Says the Senator who's quitting.

He and Corker would count more if they weren't doing what they're doing on the way out.

He and Corker would count more if they weren't doing what they're doing on the way out.

yeah, they were both going to be out anyway. Collins has been notably quiet lately

I think not running gives them freedom to be more critical of their party and our president.

well, maybe we'll have a R senator who's willing to run on a strident anti-Trump platform

I think not running gives them freedom to be more critical of their party and our president.

which will drive out the crazies, especially in a place like TN, to put one of "their" Republicans in office

With a voice that matters less.

If they wanted to matter, they'd try an independent bid. Or try to change the minds of their constituents.

It only matters if they openly support an opposition candidate through to the general, the talk is worth a warm bucket of spit. Have got to get some out of lock step voting to send the alt right down, otherwise they will take over and we will forfeit our democracy.

What really matters is what they do when they are out. Do they vocally support reasonable/rational successors for their seats whether Democrat or Republican? Maybe they form their own party and gobble up the center? Or do they go quietly into the night and let the Republican party destroy America, i.e., complicity.

Back