• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State Game Time

Any predictions on the line? I guess -14.5 FSU, maybe up to -17?

Think we should start Mitch this game to protect Santino

Not a fan of morning drinking...

It's rough going to this game sober though.

Similar game plan as Pitt. Shorten the game, milk the clock, hope for a couple of turnovers, pray for a miracle.

And consistent with that plan WF needs the swagger of Marucci to start, play the entire game and win in the closing minutes with an OL inspired by the swagger of a side armed bandit.

This is a good start time for this game. Noon kickoffs seem to be better for the underdog and for the home team. Every little bit helps if we want to have a chance.

Although I don't recall the last time I felt our chances of winning we so low as I do for this game.

This is a good start time for this game. Noon kickoffs seem to be better for the underdog and for the home team. Every little bit helps if we want to have a chance.

Although I don't recall the last time I felt our chances of winning we so low as I do for this game.
I mean I felt pretty bad about the Clemson game even though they are clearly a worse team than FSU

I mean I felt pretty bad about the Clemson game even though they are clearly a worse team than FSU

Agreed FSU is a better all around team but Clemson was a 29 yard chip shot FG away from beating FSU h2h

Well, for awhile now, we've felt like our offense gave us chance against most everybody. Our defense has improved, but holding FSU to under the amount of points this offense could get against FSU on it's best day, is probably too much to ask.

FSU's D is beatable with good play calling and a balanced attack. They don't like to have to defend the run. They want the glory plays with sacks and INTs when a team has to throw. I agree with the comment above about shortening the game. Will likely lose, but we can make it interesting.

Reminds me a little of 2011 when FSU rolled into W-S against a young Wake team. FSU, led by EJ Manuel, expected to roll us. Instead we knocked out their starting QB (Manuel) and their running back (future NFL player, Chris Thompson) on our way to a 35-30 upset. The 35 was the most we have ever scored against them (tied in our 35-14 win in 2021). Nikita Whitlock was a beast. Time for Kevin Pointer to do the same with a lot of help with a defense (yes, i said defense) that has been fun to watch. Lets pound the ball and let Mooch and the WRs make plays when needed.

That 2011 team should’ve made it to the ACCCG. Damn you Grobe for choking away that Clemson game in DV.

Back