• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State Game Time

Line up to 20 on DK.

FSU has been good but has been beatable in quite a few games this year including to BC. They absolutely should have lost to a bad clemson team and but for a very fortunate defensive TD and chip shot FG miss they do.

Deacs have a renewed sense of swagger and have been great against FSU. Jump on em early and keep moving the chains.

Deacs win 31-28.

Reminds me a little of 2011 when FSU rolled into W-S against a young Wake team. FSU, led by EJ Manuel, expected to roll us. Instead we knocked out their starting QB (Manuel) and their running back (future NFL player, Chris Thompson) on our way to a 35-30 upset. The 35 was the most we have ever scored against them (tied in our 35-14 win in 2021). Nikita Whitlock was a beast. Time for Kevin Pointer to do the same with a lot of help with a defense (yes, i said defense) that has been fun to watch. Lets pound the ball and let Mooch and the WRs make plays when needed.
Remember that game well, felt like shit that day and almost didn't go. Was so glad I did, it was a sunny, hot day, FSU fans were everywhere and didn't think we had much of chance. I thought about the same vibes for this weeks game as well - hope we pull it off. Trickett was the starter though, not Manuel, and after 3 turnovers Jimbo pulled EJ in. One of my buddies was great for jawing with other fans when we used to sit in the young alumni section he started doing the war chant to mock the nearby fans - priceless! A lot of them left early that day.

From worst to least worst (in-person at the event only, not general insufferableness)

Pitt
Louisville
FSU
Syracuse
VT
Clemson
UNC
State
Duke
BC
GT
Uva

No experience: Miami
I think I'd have to move State a couple spots up above Clemson, but otherwise this is pretty close to my list too.

I
I think I'd have to move State a couple spots up above Clemson, but otherwise this is pretty close to my list too.
I probably would too, on second thought - State at State (and their tailgate) is top-tier insufferable, but they are pretty beat down at basketball events and mostly "we never win here" when they're at Groves.

buncha dumb shirtless State fans tried to get a Fuck Joe Biden chant going at the cold-ass 2021 game

I cannot fathom thinking UNC fans are worse than State, basketball or football, based on my experiences with them home and away. Normal caveat about having a bunch of friends who went to both schools who are normal and do not cause a scene, but the overall bad actors at State games are far worse.

buncha dumb shirtless State fans tried to get a Fuck Joe Biden chant going at the cold-ass 2021 game
There was a large shirtless guy running up and down to a "Let's go Brandon" chant as well.

Mitch starting on depth chart
fc6d1e12-5ebf-425e-bc59-7a5f6ae75a6c_text.gif

Is Johnny Wilson playing for FSU this week? Was half paying attention to their game last week and heard he went off the field with an injury

From Clawson's presser:

• Both Santino and Mitch are getting first team reps this week
  • Not tipping his hand on who is starting
  • Both will be ready to play

Back