• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State Game Time

Maryland is the worst and always will be. As I’ve said before, I’ve been to two games there. Both times I came back to all my windows broken on my vehicle simply because it had a WF sticker on it.

I posted a while back. Sat amongst them for an ACCT basketball game and it would make a sailor blush. Aside from some, not all, slinging racial insults and telling random fans to fuck off, it was just a delightful day. NOT. I wanted to crawl under my seat.

Those people truly appear to hate themselves.

The D will keep it respectable until they get worn down in the second half, but if our offense gets the ball across midfield it will be cause for celebration. I think it'll be something like 35-13. But it could definitely be way worse.

Maryland is the worst and always will be. As I’ve said before, I’ve been to two games there. Both times I came back to all my windows broken on my vehicle simply because it had a WF sticker on it.
What in the actual fuck is wrong with these people?! All your windows?!?

I'm sorry but this wins worst fans hands down

What in the actual fuck is wrong with these people?! All your windows?!?

I'm sorry but this wins worst fans hands down
Nothing better to do in CP I guess.

To be fair, this is not the only place that has happened. I grew up in a Clemson family and it happened to our vehicle at a UofSC/Clemson game growing up too.

This sounds like someone who was not at the 2006 VaTech game.
Yup. Ruined my last home game as a student. But at least my first home game as a student was beating Rivers and State and we rushed the field.

And now being reminded that we haven’t had a top 10 win in a million years I had always remembered State being top 10 in that game. Just looked up and they were 14.

Nothing better to do in CP I guess.

To be fair, this is not the only place that has happened. I grew up in a Clemson family and it happened to our vehicle at a UofSC/Clemson game growing up too.
Yeah still shitty but the uofsc/Clemson rivalry can get heated..... Who the fuck gets that mad at Wake?? Haven't they listened to Mark packer.... We're Switzerland!

Yup. Ruined my last home game as a student. But at least my first home game as a student was beating Rivers and State and we rushed the field.

And now being reminded that we haven’t had a top 10 win in a million years I had always remembered State being top 10 in that game. Just looked up and they were 14.
That State game was my first home game as a (law) student too. And then the next week we had the damn 4th and short run from the shotgun against Purdue and I learned what it’s really like to be a Wake fan.

I don’t agree with some who rate VT so high on the list of awful fan bases. I was at the game in Blacksburg two weeks ago and also there in 2019. Both were great experiences - people were welcoming and hospitable, inviting us into tailgates, giving us food/drink, just wanting to talk football. Engaged fans in the stands, some friendly banter but all good stuff.

Broad generalization here but they just seem like decent country folk (I no joke had three separate people ask me if I was carrying a pocketknife, because “they don’t allow those into the stadium anymore and I don’t want you to get in trouble” - I appreciated their sincerity and the sentiment).
Went out for the game this year and didn’t mind them too much. Some of the students got on us, but they’re students, what’re you gonna do? Everyone seemed pretty nice outside of that

True. An FSU win would be a major accomplishment after the past few years of getting dominated. Thats how low Jimbo and Taggart took the program.
Jimbo was 6-1 vs. Wake
Taggart was 1-1 vs. Wake
Norvell is 0-2 vs. Wake

0-3 if you count the Birmingham Bowl
I think he and Clawson have a pretty good relationship, which as most of you know, probably makes Norvell want to get on the board against Clawson even worse. It's like my golfing buddies, I love them to death, but I hate losing to them a lot more than some random playing partner.

Mike Norvell has the recurring nightmares of your typical middle aged male… falling off a cliff, realizing you’re back in school and forgot to study for the big exam, finding out your teenage daughter ran off with a circus roadie, waking up to an overnight onset of male-pattern baldness, and the inability, when the lights are shining brightest, to, ahem, “perform” in “the big game.”

(You know, like when there’s six seconds left vs an upset-minded Jacksonville State, or when the Demon Deacon revs his Harley and guns it into the field.)

Norvell seems like a really solid dude and has a nice system, but he still does some things in-game (play calling, clock management, etc) that are absolutely baffling.

Back