• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Flynn named National Security Advisor

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
Discuss

AP_514085205775-021470928390.jpg

Last edited:
Will Webb switch back to R or is this a bipartisan appointment?

Don't know all that much about Flynn but I like this quote: My God, war is not about bathrooms. War is not about political correctness. War is about winning." Too bad those statements are controversial in today's military.

Don't know all that much about Flynn but I like this quote: My God, war is not about bathrooms. War is not about political correctness. War is about winning." Too bad those statements are controversial in today's military.

Yeah it's too bad we have decided that human rights of our soldiers are worth protecting. War would be a lot easier if we didn't.

How do those things inhibit winning?

Will Webb switch back to R or is this a bipartisan appointment?

I'm assuming that it would be a bipartisan appointment, assuming that it was offered and assuming that he accepted. I don't see any reason why Webb would need to change parties to take a job in the cabinet. BTW, I think Webb would be a great pick for the job.

How do those things inhibit winning?

In any organization taking the focus away from the main thing hurts the overall effort. In war the repercussions are more serious than in other endeavors. The military has always had latitude in the "human rights" area, for what I used to think were obvious reasons.

In any organization taking the focus away from the main thing hurts the overall effort. In war the repercussions are more serious than in other endeavors. The military has always had latitude in the "human rights" area, for what I used to think were obvious reasons.

Seems like digging one latrine saves some effort.

He says war is not about political correctness. Books have been written about all the ways the Pentagon has been caught up in pc over the past 8 years.

This could be a good quote if we knew it wasn't intended to be shitty. The military should not care which bathroom people use nor about expending the minimal effort it takes to not offend people. It should focus all attention on winning wars and none on what should be minor distractions.

He says war is not about political correctness. Books have been written about all the ways the Pentagon has been caught up in pc over the past 8 years.

Seems like a leader who doesn't care about his troops is a shitty leader.

I guess you don't have any examples of PC run amok ! in the military over the last 8 years?

Back