• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Flynn named National Security Advisor

At least for me, part of the pushback against the least charitable interpretation of Flynn's statement is that it is almost inconceivable that someone of his stature could actually think that way. I know that I have said things that didn't come out quite like intended when I read the transcript later. At least for now, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, even though the least charitable interpretation is probably the correct interpreation of the words that came out of his mouth, because it just seems infinitely more likely that he would have been trying to convey that *radical* Islam is the cancer that infects the corpus (1.7B people) of Islam.

That said,

I won't pretend to know anyone with Flynn's resume, but that mentality is present in more than half of the current or former service men and women I know. It's not remotely inconceivable to me. I don't know that I believe he meant all Muslims, but it seems perfectly plausible to me that he did. Just look at the rhetoric that is seemingly acceptable to potentially most Trump supporters surrounding Islam.

At least for me, part of the pushback against the least charitable interpretation of Flynn's statement is that it is almost inconceivable that someone of his stature could actually think that way. I know that I have said things that didn't come out quite like intended when I read the transcript later. At least for now, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, even though the least charitable interpretation is probably the correct interpreation of the words that came out of his mouth, because it just seems infinitely more likely that he would have been trying to convey that *radical* Islam is the cancer that infects the corpus (1.7B people) of Islam.

People misspeak and it becomes a big deal when they're in the 24/7 fish bowl. Anyone who believes Obama thought there are 57 states or Trump thought Tim Kaine was Governor of NJ (Tom Kean?) is a partisan moron. Those were no big deal.

Flynn's comment is a lot more troubling as are multiple statements by Carson, Newt, and Rudy. Appears those guys aren't all there. McChrystal gave Biden and Obama shit and would have been a better pick than Flynn.

Flynn doesn't require Senate confirmation, so partisan hacks will take their frustration that they can't grill Flynn or Bannon out on Pompeo, Sessions, Kobach, and Rudy. Cruz was a complete dick to Chuck Hagel during his confirmation hearing. When the economy cratered, AIG brought in some guy to clean up the mess. He didn't cause the meltdown and was being paid $1, but that didn't stop partisan hacks from teeing off on him during a televised beatdown.

Back