• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Flynn named National Security Advisor

That being said, we do need massive infrastructure revitalization and construction, and a lot of cities and states have these types of projects already in the pipeline. Furthermore, those types of projects historically are great for employing people and small increases in economic mobility among working and lower middle classes, so who knows... This is the one component of the Trump agenda that I am intrigued to see play out.

Dems want a straight infrastructure stimulus bill, Bannon wants to borrow $1T to finance infrastructure, and Ryan wants to roll infrastructure spending into a corporate tax cut bill. Will be huge spending on infrastructure, but deficit hawks will be pissed.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/kfile-michael-flynn-august-speech/index.html

"We are facing another 'ism,' just like we faced Nazism, and fascism, and imperialism and communism," Flynn said. "This is Islamism, it is a vicious cancer inside the body of 1.7 billion people on this planet and it has to be excised."
In the same speech, Flynn falsely claimed that Florida Democrats voted to impose Islamic shariah law at the state and local level. The claim, peddled by far-right blogs in 2014, was rated "pants on fire" by the independent fact-checking organization PolitiFact, which explained that the bill in question was about prohibiting judges from using foreign law in family law cases if the law conflicted with existing U.S. policy. Democrats voted against the bill, saying it was unnecessary and targeted Muslims in the state.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/kfile-michael-flynn-august-speech/index.html

"We are facing another 'ism,' just like we faced Nazism, and fascism, and imperialism and communism," Flynn said. "This is Islamism, it is a vicious cancer inside the body of 1.7 billion people on this planet and it has to be excised."
In the same speech, Flynn falsely claimed that Florida Democrats voted to impose Islamic shariah law at the state and local level. The claim, peddled by far-right blogs in 2014, was rated "pants on fire" by the independent fact-checking organization PolitiFact, which explained that the bill in question was about prohibiting judges from using foreign law in family law cases if the law conflicted with existing U.S. policy. Democrats voted against the bill, saying it was unnecessary and targeted Muslims in the state.

Putting aside the second party of your post which is awkward on his part.

I literally just watched a spot on CNN where two talking heads tried to turn the first sentence you quote into a statement that all Muslims are Islamists - which is laughable. It is really important the media not turn into a case of jumping the shark. He's essentially saying radical Islam is a cancer within the larger Muslim community. Sort of hard to argue that point given our government is presently charging young Muslim men in various places for becoming radicalized and supporting terrorism by "Islamist" groups. We just had a case here in Minneapolis involving three young Somali immigrants who had been radicalized.

Putting aside the second party of your post which is awkward on his part.

I literally just watched a spot on CNN where two talking heads tried to turn the first sentence you quote into a statement that all Muslims are Islamists - which is laughable. It is really important the media not turn into a case of jumping the shark. He's essentially saying radical Islam is a cancer within the larger Muslim community. Sort of hard to argue that point given our government is presently charging young Muslim men in various places for becoming radicalized and supporting terrorism by "Islamist" groups. We just had a case here in Minneapolis involving three young Somali immigrants who had been radicalized.

Uh no. He said 1.7 billion people have an "ism" that needs to be excised like a cancer.

Cancer within the body of 1.7 billion people that needs to be excised. Not sure how else to interpret that.

No. He said within 1.7 billion people there is an ism. Just like within our 350 million people we have several isms. That does not mean each and every person has the "ism".

The way General Flynn said it I have no idea how you can interpret it differently.

He literally said "it is a vicious cancer inside the body of 1.7 billion people on this planet and it has to be excised." Now does he mean that, like a cancer, it can lay dormant or not hurt you? Who the hell knows. I'm guessing he meant exactly what he said.

This appears to be a case again of people taking Trump/his guys literally at their word, and his supporters saying "THAT'S NOT WHAT HE SAID OR MEANT".

Seems like this could be put to bed if they would be more careful with the words, or just, you know, say what they ACTUALLY mean (if it is in fact different from what is above).

No. He said within 1.7 billion people there is an ism. Just like within our 350 million people we have several isms. That does not mean each and every person has the "ism".

lol dude

"This is Islamism, it is a vicious cancer inside the body of 1.7 billion people on this planet and it has to be excised."

Even Colin Powell has called this Putin lover "nutty". He should barely be allowed in the WH on a tour much less as NSA.

WTF does Obama have to with with Flynn sneezing and giving Putin an enema?

Anyone have the Ferris Bueller speech about I don't believe in "ism's"

Imagine a black person said:
"This is racism, it is a vicious cancer inside the body of 200 million people in this country and it has to be excised."

You can bet your ass plenty of white people would be saying "He called me a racist!"

"This is racism, it is a vicious cancer inside the body of 200 million people in this country and it has to be excised."

You can bet your ass plenty of white people would be saying "He called me a racist!"

No doubt there would be some. I'd consider them whiny bitches.

Has Flynn offered any clarification on which interpretation of his remark was what he intended?

Almost like a certain "deplorables" remark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Almost like a certain "deplorables" remark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

No. No. No. That's just crap. Only white, male conservatives have the right to be offended if somebody says something derogatory about them. Anybody else is just being PC if they are in any way bothered by what is said.

Back