• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Food Trucks?

We have quite a few in Raleigh/Durham (there's a lot of overlap since some trucks will be in Durham on certain days, and come to Raleigh on others). The best ones I've had have been Blue Sky Dining (best grilled cheese ever-- they combine it with BBQ and it's delicious), Chirba Chirba for their dumplings, and Only Burger has pretty good burgers though there's a lot of burger competition around here lately. Here's a pretty good list for any RDU-ers interested- http://www.crankydiners.com/food-trucks/

American Meltdown and Baquetteaboutit are both really good.

The Pig N Figs is a grilled cheese sandwich to die for!!

Yeah, except that thing where you don't have summer. Ever.

Know what happens during a hot summer? Hot chicks wear less, drink more.

Again, probably not a factor if you are a geedy neckbeard who's goal for the day is first in line at the bulgogi truck. Different strokes for different folks.

Yeah, I definitely miss a lot of things about the South (including, ironically enough, the food culture), but sweltering, humid summers is not one of them.

Anyhow, in a real city, there's plenty of attractive chicks who wear little and drink year round, and they come in more flavors. Sorry you have to wait for summertime to ogle chicks, and I'm sorry Atlanta is too lame to support food trucks that are worth a damn.

There are a bunch of food trucks in Asheville, everyone I have been to has been turrible. In asheville it's mostly hipster shelling out cash and pretending they like it because it's trendy to eat at a food truck.

I am curious though has anyone been to a good truck in asheville? I'm not totally against the concept I just need the food to be good as well especially with so many good restaurant options in asheville.

food trucks seem silly in a place like aville where real estate is so cheap.

essentially, the cost of starting a food truck is the same in any area. so holding that constant it seems like it wouldn't make a ton of sense in places where real estate and food are cheaper.

Richmond probably has about 20 and they usually show up to the festivals and breweries. Couple good ones but often overpriced for what they deliver.

essentially, the cost of starting a food truck is the same in any area. so holding that constant it seems like it wouldn't make a ton of sense in places where real estate and food are cheaper.

Sometimes it's not the real estate but the property taxes/expensive building codes for brick & mortar restaurants.

American Meltdown, Chirba Chirba, Humble Pig, and Pie Pushers are all delicious

American Meltdown, Chirba Chirba, Humble Pig, and Pie Pushers are all delicious

Thanks. I told him about the snap peas. Any sandwiches you think are particularly good? I think he's gonna try a number of things and pick up some things for my mom to try. He sounded really psyched when I sent him the link.

Pig & Fig from American Meltdown is one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. And the aforementioned Reuben from Sympathy for the Deli is also great.

Pig & Fig from American Meltdown is one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. And the aforementioned Reuben from Sympathy for the Deli is also great.

Awesome. I just sent him a link and told him about the Pig & Fig.

Back