• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

Sam may be taking a pay cut, but still a lot more than most college grads get for their first job.

Mustapha is so ripped that an NFL beat writer used to being around NFL players described him as “muscle-bound.”

Now the Commanders are promoting Sam's look....

Guessing Washington may keep him on the roster, just for the sideline camera shots..

Now the Commanders are promoting Sam's look....

Guessing Washington may keep him on the roster, just for the sideline camera shots..

It will be interesting to see if he makes the active roster or just the practice squad.

Washington has four QBs on the roster:

• Jayden Daniels
  • Marcus Mariotta
  • Jake Fromm
  • Sam Hartman
If Sam can beat out Fromm (who hasn't taken an NFL regular season snap since 2021, and was awful when he played), think Sam has a decent chance to make the active roster because Jayden Daniels has a slight build and likes to run (not the best combo for NFL durability, ask RG3) and the always hurt and under-whelming Mariotta. Commanders wanted Hartman and gave him a high-end FA bonus; think that he's in a "don't screw it up" position to make the team. Wouldn't be shocked if Sam got the most pre-season snaps of any DC QB.

my hunch is that Sam can make more on TV than on the practice squad

i suppose a few NFL years bolsters his TV resume

One NFL scouting report on Sam had the following listed first under "positives":
  • He's a really good dude
If there's any position on NFL roster where that is critical, its the 3rd string QB...

I would think having Sam on the roster probably helps recruit married FAs, but you’re playing with fire there.

Back