• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football practice report

I feel pretty optimistic about the season. Probably just battered wife syndrome but I think we're going to be a consistently solid team. I think Helms and Harris will both get a lot of playing time on the offensive line and it will help shore up that area. We have a four year starter at quarterback, a running back who is top three in school history got yards per carry, and a receiver who will be drafted in the first three rounds of the nfl draft.

If Wooding is cleared to play we will have nine guys on that side of the ball who have started before in college. We need to get more pressure on the quarterback from the defensive line and mix up blitz packages from the linebackers.

One concern I have about the year is our turnover margin (since it was so good last year and we still missed a bowl) where it could be the difference in one or two games if we don't have as good a margin. I feel pretty good about us going at least 6-6 and I think we will end up at 7-5.

This. I just can't articulate as well.

I think we can be really good this season. But we all know we are not and probably never will be a team that can afford a big injury or two. With injuries and stupidity last year that kept us out of a bowl hopefully this year is will not.

At our worse 6-6 at our best 9-3. I am going with 8-4 though possibly 7-5. But I have not gotten to see the team this year at all so we will know more after presby.

Back