• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football radio broadcasts

Dave is really good. Also with post game interviews.

THe problem is you need a local guy since the position doesn't pay that well, and he'd need a job in Winston. It's really a part time gig.

Gentleman Jim Caldwell might be looking for work. I know, after the Elrod scandal we don't want a former coach, but I think Gentleman Jim would be trustworthy. I'm kidding anyway.

Wasn't there someone else for a year or two? I seem to remember a punter.

Punter, yes. Chuck Ramsey, all ACC 1972 & '73 - as I recall he came/drove over from Tennessee to color some games, and did OK I thought. Travel maybe an issue. Seemed he was pretty care-free, easy going.

THe problem is you need a local guy since the position doesn't pay that well, and he'd need a job in Winston. It's really a part time gig.

You know any former players working in Winston looking for a gig?

Riley Skinner was awesome for the Military bowl. I think he's in the mortgage industry, wonder if he could free up 13 Saturdays to cover the deacs.

I believe it was Larry's first year on the mic. And He's a baseball guy. He has quite a story and is a great man. But yes, his football color could use some work. I think he has the potential to be better though, lets not cut him loose yet.

Have to be honest - I disagree. I'm sure he's a great guy and I'm aware of his story, but he's not a football guy. I'd be more entertained by someone on the boards pretending to know his shit than Sorenson, who just throws in a "you've got to pin your ears back and play harder" crap.

rj, are you available?

Stan: "And that's a 30 yard electric run by Colburn"
Sdeacz: "I want to go back to the punt by Maggio, what a thing of beauty. The hang time was 4.765812, and the returner wanted no part of that with the fair catch"
Stan: "That was ten plays ago, can we move on"

Last edited:
I think the issue with Riley doing it is that he lives in Jacksonville and has started having kids. Probably not up for travelling every fall weekend at this point in his life.

I think the issue with Riley doing it is that he lives in Jacksonville and has started having kids. Probably not up for travelling every fall weekend at this point in his life.

[donald]Loser[/ross]

I rarely listen to game broadcasts anymore since our games are all televised but I'd love to get Urbanik again. I like guys who know their shit and speak their mind. That's probably why he was "let go".

giphy.gif

You got a problem with Urbanik, smart guy?

I'm with you. I don't care if the color guy is old and raspy sounding. I just want to know that the reason they keep completing passes over the middle is because the linebacker is too slow and not getting deep enough in the zone.

I honestly thought Elrod was the best color man Stan has had. Trouble is, you can be a turncoat prick and still have terrific insights. But, IMHO, Urbanik was a close second to Elrod. He got a little long-winded at times, but he called it as he saw it. I am sure some of his comments did not register on the "Like" side of Premier Wellman's scale - thus, his brief time in that job.

Back