• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Seat Rights

LOL, I had multiple texts from people complaining about this yesterday.

Some folks will buy them. Some folks are rich and like to sit with their buddies. It's certainly not a good value. You can buy much cheaper on the open market and we all know that.

But John Currie is wisely trying to get as much money for our athletic department as he can. Shouldn't he be trying to do that? Many will buy these and so that's really smart. Many, of course, will not buy them and there will be plenty of seats for all (sadly, I wish we had more fans but we all know we do not)

My point is our AD should be doing this. Every revenue we can squeeze out of customers we well should.

I thought "Seat Rights" went out of style about 2008. I just purchase Tower and TD Club seats for my family and business and, of course, to support the program. What's the latest with seat rights?

They sent out a memo that for like 10K you can get 25 years worth of seats rights. Old people buying them all over. As if they are ever going to use them past 2025. Who cares, get their money any way we can.

I commented on this on another thread. With the state of college football as it relates to NIL and the uncertainty of who will be playing who in the future and at what level, it's ludicrous to be asking people to fork over $$ for something 15-25 years out. I've already paid for seats rights for the past 14 years, with one season left on my current commitment. I'll gladly keep my same seats on an annual basis, even if in 5 years we're playing the likes of Richmond instead of Clemson. But I'm done paying extra $$ for the "privilege" of paying for my seats on an annual basis. This thing almost has the ring of "annual maintenance fees" for a timeshare.
But hey, if they can sell my seats to somebody else whose willing to pay an extra $10K, good for them. I'll have my own "seats rights" by designating which chair in the house to watch the games from.

I commented on this on another thread. With the state of college football as it relates to NIL and the uncertainty of who will be playing who in the future and at what level, it's ludicrous to be asking people to fork over $$ for something 15-25 years out. I've already paid for seats rights for the past 14 years, with one season left on my current commitment. I'll gladly keep my same seats on an annual basis, even if in 5 years we're playing the likes of Richmond instead of Clemson. But I'm done paying extra $$ for the "privilege" of paying for my seats on an annual basis. This thing almost has the ring of "annual maintenance fees" for a timeshare.
But hey, if they can sell my seats to somebody else whose willing to pay an extra $10K, good for them. I'll have my own "seats rights" by designating which chair in the house to watch the games from.
They won't be able to sell that many of these. There is one thing you can always count on: you can always find a cheap ticket to see Wake Forest play. No matter where or whom we are playing.

Might be helpful on the hill where it's a free-for-all. If you have designated spots that cost more, that could be something to keep an eye on.

Might be helpful on the hill where it's a free-for-all. If you have designated spots that cost more, that could be something to keep an eye on.
But isn’t most of the point with the hill that they are super cheap?

But isn’t most of the point with the hill that they are super cheap?
Yes, for the fans it is. But if it's for a revenue stream for the University, I could see it. I mean reintroducing the PSL aspect is dumb, but I bet some have already written a check.

Yes, for the fans it is. But if it's for a revenue stream for the University, I could see it. I mean reintroducing the PSL aspect is dumb, but I bet some have already written a check.
The dumbest thing is that, even if your seats somehow get snagged by someone willing to do PSL, there isn’t a bad seat in the stadium (except for the endzones). So who cares where your seats wind up?

The dumbest thing is that, even if your seats somehow get snagged by someone willing to do PSL, there isn’t a bad seat in the stadium (except for the endzones). So who cares where your seats wind up?
Enough people to bring in enough revenue?

I'm not buying the PSL. Didn't do it after the Orange Bowl and I'm not doing it now. The demand doesn't outnumber the supply. When those reverse, I'll pony up.

Yes I know several that did. Like with any good business model you price to let the rich folks who want their spot pay up. Then you sell the other tickets.

I’m glad to we have a business mind in there finally. Instead a pretentious POS like Wellman who thought he had some higher mission as an education czar. A bowling green grad and washed up baseball coach thinking he’s really important. Have I mentioned lately I love John Currie? I should be careful praising him lest it take away from him in this crowd.

Yes I know several that did. Like with any good business model you price to let the rich folks who want their spot pay up. Then you sell the other tickets.

I’m glad to we have a business mind in there finally. Instead a pretentious POS like Wellman who thought he had some higher mission as an education czar. A bowling green grad and washed up baseball coach thinking he’s really important. Have I mentioned lately I love John Currie? I should be careful praising him lest it take away from him in this crowd.

Ron Wellman saw the general community of fans as peasants and certainly beneath his attention or time. I met him during several fund-raising events. To say he's a first-class asshole would be a huge understatement. If he thought you might have 100K in your back pocket, he might grace you with 5 minutes of small-talk. Outside of that, you could go fu** yourself.

Currie is attempting to reach out to the entire community and make everyone, alums and non-alums, feel part of the program and genuinely seems to appreciate their support equally. Wellman would perch on the balcony of Bridger and watch many games alone. I see Currie all over the place during a game. HUGE difference.

It's a catch-22 but the better the product Forbes and Clawson can provide, the easier it becomes to sell to the Triad as a whole.

Ron Wellman saw the general community of fans as peasants and certainly beneath his attention or time. I met him during several fund-raising events. To say he's a first-class asshole would be a huge understatement. If he thought you might have 100K in your back pocket, he might grace you with 5 minutes of small-talk. Outside of that, you could go fu** yourself.

Currie is attempting to reach out to the entire community and make everyone, alums and non-alums, feel part of the program and genuinely seems to appreciate their support equally. Wellman would perch on the balcony of Bridger and watch many games alone. I see Currie all over the place during a game. HUGE difference.

It's a catch-22 but the better the product Forbes and Clawson can provide, the easier it becomes to sell to the Triad as a whole.
I remember the days of being a lower tier Deacon Club member and being excited that I was able to get season tickets in row T of section 224 at the Joel just to make sure my ass was in the house for every game. When the product is good, you'll pay more. I did and would again.

Back