• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Seat Rights

Agreed. I'm getting tired of paying to watch pretty shitty losses.

Asking for PSL money for a team that just shit the bed the last half of the season, combined with a looming recession (according to the Wall Street Journal) in 2023 just doesn't seem like good timing to me. And when the supply far exceeds the demand in most games, I don't see how this makes economic sense. I guess there are some olds that just love to be parted with their money but I don't see how this scales beyond that group.

We should have an entire section, or two, on the away side dedicated to local high school athletes and their families. Show proof that you're a local HS student athlete, get the right to buy 4 tickets for next to nothing and go with your family. Require a student ID to get into the same so they are not just re-sold to an opposing fan. We need to play the long game and develop the local fanbase more.

There’s just not enough demand for Wake seats to spend money on a PSL.

Some people value their current seats and are willing to cut a check to ensure they keep 'em.

Zero downside to this move. The folks who see value in it will pony up and those that don't most likely were not even going to buy anyway.

It makes sense to ask giving the timing, and it makes sense that they probably won’t sell a ton. They’ll sell some, so it’s not like the will end up somehow underwater.

Might be helpful on the hill where it's a free-for-all. If you have designated spots that cost more, that could be something to keep an eye on.
I buy hill tickets and never have a problem finding a seat in the stadium. Even the Clemson and NC game.

I buy hill tickets and never have a problem finding a seat in the stadium. Even the Clemson and NC game.
I sit on the hill and we never have a problem finding a spot either. I was just saying that if the University is trying to find ways to generate revenue, I could see them sectioning off the best hill area and charging more for those spots. I hope they don't do that.

I sit on the hill and we never have a problem finding a spot either. I was just saying that if the University is trying to find ways to generate revenue, I could see them sectioning off the best hill area and charging more for those spots. I hope they don't do that.

Ahhh...yeah that would suck for those of us who make the effort to get good spots.

I had to sit on the hill this year for the Clemson game because I gave my tix away when I didn't think I was going to be able to go. After my kids experienced sitting on the hill, I'm afraid I will now be sitting on the hill until they're like 18.

There’s just not enough demand for Wake seats to spend money on a PSL.
Especially when “they” said we had 26,184 at the Syracuse game last month and 15 minutes after kickoff about 5000 at most were in the East stands.

”They” said we sold 26k tickets. That‘s the measure, not butts in seats.

Thanks. That makes sense. I also hope they don't do that.

Back