• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football X&O help needed: Wide OL splits

This has been frustrating with Josh. He has a world of talent, but can't seem to shake off the first tackle. If he would put his head down and run north and south, I bet he would break off a lot more long runs. I will add though, there are times where he has zero chance of positive yardage. Seems like too often he takes the handoff and is hit in the backfield almost immediately.

If we close the gaps, we could use some counter plays. Pulling the backside guard when Tanner rolls out. Put Bishop in motion and follow his lead. We don't hit the defender first, it seems. We catch and wrestle. the problem I see sometime with Harris, (saw this at BC) he gets the ball 5 yards deep and then runs parallel to the line and can never turn it up field. That's why the wide splits were supposed to work. Natural running lanes and the backside was too far away to catch him. This week will be interesting.

The empty backfield is a good move, if the oline can provide protection. The defense is forced to play single coverage, which gives Camp some great possibilities.

I am disappointed that we have not made better use of our height at wide receiver. Tall receivers have a distinct advantage over d-backs and we have more tall receivers than ever.

James and Terry can't shake CBs. I can't explain why. They just don't. How about flexing another TE, like the Bengals do. We have 3 more sitting on the sideline (Vogelsang, Rook, and Gordon).

The empty backfield is a good move, if the oline can provide protection. The defense is forced to play single coverage, which gives Camp some great possibilities.

I am disappointed that we have not made better use of our height at wide receiver. Tall receivers have a distinct advantage over d-backs and we have more tall receivers than ever.

They are slow, don't run great routes and have average hands. Recruiting all the tall WRs has been a major mistake by the staff IMO.

Why doesn't Martin play? I don't get it.

Because he is committed to wearing his ass as a hat. Just a guess.

All Coach has asked he and Sherman is to be on time. Don't show up 5--15 minutes late to a meeting that has already started...be it academic or football. Learn to get on "Lombardi Time" -- show up early and prepared and literally the doors will open for these 2 guys

"If you can't be on time, be early." -Skip Prosser

10 minutes early is on time.

The commentators said that Latter was moved RB because they feel his skillset will help the running game with these new wide splits/new offense. However, they did not explain why he will help. I'm guessing it's because he is a smaller, speed back.

Because he is committed to wearing his ass as a hat. Just a guess.

All Coach has asked he and Sherman is to be on time. Don't show up 5--15 minutes late to a meeting that has already started...be it academic or football. Learn to get on "Lombardi Time" -- show up early and prepared and literally the doors will open for these 2 guys

Boom.

They are slow, don't run great routes and have average hands. Recruiting all the tall WRs has been a major mistake by the staff IMO.

Crump was impressive. He has good hands.

Back