• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

For a second, imagine that Wake is playing right now

Pretty much why I had to go to the OB- it will likely never happen again in my lifetime.

It would undoubtedly be the highlight of my undergraduate career. For now I have to settle between an upset of Florida State in football and a win against a ranked NC State team in basketball...(I wasn't at the Miami game because of a tennis tournament. I didn't think I'd be missing anything, though).

I'd also like to say that if Wake was in this game, I would probably charge the court and strangle a referee.

no way, don't put that ridiculous pressure on this team right now.. There is no way a team starting 3 freshman, a sophomore, and a Jr. could ever be expected to compete at this point....(as Michigan's starting 5 is announced) :(

Yup, and Michigan had 5 freshmen on the floor at one time in the first half.

haha I've talked about this with my friends... if we won the tourney I think I'd quietly sob in my seat for 20 minutes before getting completely out of control

Or when we'd inevitably lose on like a 4 point play at the end of the game you'd be like this 20 minutes after the game.

755914230.jpg

Probably, but I'll take it.

Just think about all the really good teams that don't even win it all. Then think of us...

That feeling I got in Jacksonville in 2006, yeah I'd get that feeling again. And it was amazing.

I'd also take out a second mortgage if I had to so I'd be able to go.

Second mortgage? You probably can get a tick for $600. Chump change.

As long as Hatch and Wellman are around, we will never sniff the Final Four. In fact, according to Wellman in his last correspondence to the Deacon Club the goal for Wake basketball isn't to win a championship but merely to advance in the tourney. It starts at the top and with this administration we are already 6 feet underground. I told my wife after the West Virginia loss in 2005 that my chances of seeing Wake in a Final Four during my life just ended. I was being somewhat facetious but now I fear it's true. Got to love this culture!

This is just sad, except it goes beyond basketball.

Almost ALL of our athletic teams are in the pits. Good job, Ron Weaselman. Way to kill a school

Back