• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

For Liquid Karma

But seriously, it doesn't matter the name on the front of the jersey, if a team is shooting like HPU did, it's hard to win. Our guys played with five star hearts tonight and I'm proud of 'em.

Keep defending one of the worst basketball coaches we've ever had while you rip the unquestionably best football coach we've ever had, hypocrite.

Keep defending one of the worst basketball coaches we've ever had while you rip the unquestionably best football coach we've ever had, hypocrite.

He's unquestionably the worst at this point.

Nowhere do you see defense of Buzz in these posts unless you just want to see what's not there. I simply addressed how our players responded to the situation and I'm happy they seem to be getting something out of all their effort. Plus, winning keeps all of you whiny bitches from blabbering on about how buzz is the anti-christ. It's piss-poor and pathetic.

Now as far as Lobo goes, the guy is a disaster. I'll bash Lobo because for nine years he's proven to be an incompetent coach. Nine years as an OC and you can't get a nibble of interest from any level as far as becoming a head coach. Says all you need to know about his incompetence.

Grobe is obviously the best thing that's happened to Wake football since Peahead Walker, but it boggles the mind what he sees in Lobo.

Last edited:
There is nothing more amusing than reading a deacfreke rationalization, after he takes [Redacted]'s nutsack out of his mouth, about how it is OK for him to bash a guy who has been OC during the most successful period in Wake football history, but that anybody who criticizes a coach who has really proven nothing is a spoiled brat.

And it is untrue that Lobo hasn't gotten a nibble of interest from other jobs. His name has been mentioned for lots of openings over the years. Bud Foster is another guy who hasn't gotten a head position. Is that proof that he is a terrible coordinator?

The reason Grobe keeps Lobo is that he conforms with his coaching philosophy and they have been successful together, including at Wake Forest. It cracks me up that a period where we are going to 4 bowls in 6 years would be labeled a disaster by the same guy who would get all wet if Bzzz secured an NIT bid in the next 3 years.

Last edited:
This BS got started on an untruth. I was NOT defending Buzz on any post on this thread or on the game thread. Complete BS. You clowns are so self interested in seeing the basketball program fail that you'll bash buzz regardless of what he does.

This thread got started as an attempt at humor, as Liquid Karma noted, in response to something he said on two other threads. Nothing more, nothing less. Nowhere on this thread does a defense of Buzz appear. I like our players, want them to succeed, and am happy to see them win some games.

That makes you guys unhappy but that's your problem. As I said, a key reason I want them to win is to shut up you incessant whiners about buzz. It's completely immature and beneath Wake fans with the things said about Buzz. I've shown some of the stuff on this board to Wake fans who don't read these boards, and they are shocked and disgusted by what is written here about him.

I think Lobo is a poor coach and he's proven it on the field time after time. But, I've not said anything like what is said about buzz here. And I don't come on here to bash him when we win. Sometimes, I don't criticize him when we lose if it looks some reasonable effort was made to give us a chance to win.

And, it's quite a bit different to bash an assistant coach than it is a head coach. For the record, I'm glad we have Grobe, I know what he's done for football at Wake. I don't get why he likes Lobo but it's his choice. My choice would be to take the offense in a different direction, Grobe's choice is to keep Lobo.

You guys want to blow up the basketball program, make the Wake fanbase look bad, and pull for Buzz to fail. You bash fans who are happy when we win. You're some effed up people.

"Blow up" the program? Bz has already dismantled it. There's nothing left to blow up.

"Blow up" the program? Bz has already dismantled it. There's nothing left to blow up.

I mean if you say so. There's six pretty solid recruits who would disagree with you as well as a team full of players this year who seem to be buying in. I know it goes against the Wake Forest fan and OG board party line to say anything good about the basketball program, but I see progress in the players we have.

When even ChrisL, the L stands for LOWF, can say something positive about the team, then something positive must be happening, no matter how small a positive it might be.

You realize there are just as many mods that want to wait and see or like Buzz as there are BuzzOUT! mods, right?

There isn't a "OG board party line" or any sort when it comes to [Redacted]. Just that people can say what they want and/or feel about the man here without having to worry about their thoughts being deleted by overzealous moderators.

You realize there are just as many mods that want to wait and see or like Buzz as there are BuzzOUT! mods, right?

There isn't a "OG board party line" or any sort when it comes to [Redacted]. Just that people can say what they want and/or feel about the man here without having to worry about their thoughts being deleted by overzealous moderators.

Is there a mod party line on Basel thumping ManU?:D

Just using "party line" as a euphemism for the fact that my estimate would be 70% or so of the posters want Buzz gone and a good number will attack you even if you just comment positively on the players and don't even mention Buzz.

Also, you've posted this before

Suck it haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzz rulessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is quite obvious that you like Buzz, I would say.

Just using "party line" as a euphemism for the fact that my estimate would be 70% or so of the posters want Buzz gone and a good number will attack you even if you just comment positively on the players and don't even mention Buzz.

People have brought my name up on game threads where I haven't even posted because I'm one of the most out spoken "BuzzOUT!" guys there is, hell I came up with the damn phrase. I get that.

You are one of the biggest "BuzzIn" people on here, so the reverse will be true for you as well. So put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

People have brought my name up on game threads where I haven't even posted because I'm one of the most out spoken "BuzzOUT!" guys there is, hell I came up with the damn phrase. I get that.

You are one of the biggest "BuzzIn" people on here, so the reverse will be true for you as well. So put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

the ying and the yang

See tag: "wheres dv7...manure sucks" as proof of what I was just talking about. It was made before I posted on this thread... about another poster than myself.

dv7 doesn't call people babies and spoiled brats for saying that Lobo sucks and then turn around and bash Bzzzzz.

Every win is a great win.

Why don't you all just be happy when we win instead of only looking for things to criticize.

agreed! after last year youve got to apprecaite teh wins even if youre not happy about the coach or the state of the program.

dv7 doesn't call people babies and spoiled brats for saying that Lobo sucks and then turn around and bash Bzzzzz.

First of all, Lobo had been here 10 years at the time of Buzz's first loss which is when the mean-spirited attacks on Buzz began. Well, really they began the day he was hired. 10 years vs. one game, there's something different about those two lengths of time.

Secondly, I've been staying out of the buzz in/buzz out debate because I hope he does succeed as I hope all Wake coaches succeed. I commented solely on the team's performance following the High Point game with no buzzin/buzzout agenda, yet what I said was bastardized into a buzzin/buzzout thing and then the Lobo thing gets brought up when Lobo had not been mentioned.

Again, let me repeat for brain addled posters such as ChrisL, L = LOWF, and Milhouse, that Lobo had been here 10 years with a seriously flawed body of work, and Buzz one game when the attacks on him started. 1 day does not equal 10 years.

All I know about Lobo is that he has led two separate underclassmen QBs to above .500 ACC records and to bowl games at Wake Forest.

I think your perception of flawed is seriously deluded.

And please child. A week ago you were posting that all of the Bzzzzhaters can shove it. You were showing your arse so much after the Nebraska win.

I have a very hard believing that if Bzzzz settles as a mid level ACC coach that you are going to suddenly turn on him after being his biggest champion, so you calling me LOWF because I don't have a problem with the most successful football staff in modern school history is laughable.

I figured that was your call. "I fashion myself as a bit of an X and O's junkie after coaching junior high school" LOL.

Last edited:
Back