• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Forbes being overweight

I've probably added 5-10 in this quarantine. It's just been hard on the people.

Have no idea why anyone thinks this thread should be deleted.

I'm all in on Coach Forbes. Love the hire, but he needs to lose weight as we all want him to be healthy and coach WF basketball for many years.

Fair topic.

Most other fanbases would see this thread and laugh at how stupid we must be to post shit like this. It's not about what we can or can't do or what should be allowed. It's about common sense and a new coach probably not being happy about a thread like this within a week of being hired!

He mentioned it self-deprecatingly in the Les podcast. I think he's aware. Watched a little of him on the sidelines against Furman and W. Carolina, and he moves well. It's mostly gut. He's an old athlete. I bet he can take it down.

Personally, I have taken the time this quarantine to exercise more and get fitter, making me even more hot and desirable to the ladies. Furthermore, my beard is reaching ELITE status. Some of you need to prioritize.

Same board that brought "Fuck you John Currie" brings you this gem of a thread. Embrace being classless all you want since it's a tenet of OGBoards, but you've lost touch with reality if you don't recognize a thread calling out someone's weight issues for what it is.

Thank god for this thread. Forbes might not have been aware he could stand to lose some lbs. if it were not for your foresight.

Strictly on behalf of Coach Forbes, I'm giving this thread the finger. This is so typical of our board posters who just think their opinion is so valuable they have to share it because they're "so smart, and funny", and in that process post stupid, useless shit. Please don't run him off with this self-important garbage.

Think the outrage over this thread is from our board fatty insecurities.

Have no idea why anyone thinks this thread should be deleted.

I'm all in on Coach Forbes. Love the hire, but he needs to lose weight as we all want him to be healthy and coach WF basketball for many years.

Fair topic.

Tasteless posts are part and parcel to the boards. However, they are best when: 1) Funny; 2) Aimed at or in response to the era of unwiped ass, administrators, coaches, or others responsible for the era of unwiped ass; or 3) Directed toward donk posters.

This is really classless. I mean, I wouldn't even give a shit if it was mildly making fun of it. I'm sure Forbes is a funny guy and can take jokes. What's sad is you donks think it's any of your business. Message board fans who are worried about a basketball coach's weight/health regarding his ability to coach for X number of years. You guys are douchebags.

Last edited:
Strictly on behalf of Coach Forbes, I'm giving this thread the finger. This is so typical of our board posters who just think their opinion is so valuable they have to share it because they're "so smart, and funny", and in that process post stupid, useless shit. Please don't run him off with this self-important garbage.

Tasteless posts are part and parcel to the boards. However, they are best when: 1) Funny; 2) Aimed at or in response to the era of unwiped ass, administrators, coaches, or others responsible for the era of unwiped ass; or 3) Directed toward donk posters.

This is really classless. I mean, I wouldn't even give a shit if it was mildly making fun of it. I'm sure Forbes is a funny guy and can take jokes. What's sad is you donks think it's any of your business. Message board fans who are worried about a basketball coach's weight/health regarding his ability to coach for X number of years. You guys are douchebags.

There were dozen of posts about Matta’s health issues in the Coaching Search thread. Where was the outrage then?

I don't really care if this post is deleted or left up. But it *IS* cringy as all hell.
I've got some extra padding myself, I am a Chef after all. Lol
I don't think Hondo made the post out of malice at all. Whether he should've at all is a different story.
Regardless, it's a pretty iffy thing to see.
giphy.gif

no ruling required

There were dozen of posts about Matta’s health issues in the Coaching Search thread. Where was the outrage then?

I suppose if people want to debate that stuff they can when looking at hiring a coach. I don't remember seeing any concerns about Forbes' weight during the 100s of pages last week. Maybe I missed them. Also, I seem to remember most everyone being on board with Matta, regardless of health issues.

Seems a bit different than starting a thread about your new coach and people suggesting he hit the gym and picking out country clubs. Pretty douchey thread is all.

But whatever. I'm most hopeful that Forbes will make our basketball team a national contender so that when our fans act elitist it atleast won't be with a garbage basketball program and very mediocre football program as the backdrop.

Sorry Currie this weirdo named Hondo on one of the Wake message boards started a thread about my weight, keep all the money you were going to give me and my assistants, forget coaching in a premier basketball conference, sure these facilities are nice but I am out of here. What dipshitdad thinks could happen.

Back