• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ford's new car wants to keep you from speeiding

My phone launches into "driving mode" where all texts are read aloud and can be replied to by voice. So it's certainly possible to block them with a change in code.

That'll never happen because of passengers in the car, riding on public transit etc.

With the driving mode going on automatically, it can be turned off by the user specifically clicking an "I'm not driving" icon. Thus, if you are passenger in a car or bus, and do this, the phone goes back to operating like you were standing still.

With the driving mode going on automatically, it can be turned off by the user specifically clicking an "I'm not driving" icon. Thus, if you are passenger in a car or bus, and do this, the phone goes back to operating like you were standing still.

I meant it'll never happen that it's something that the driver can't control (ie detects you're driving and disables you no matter what) which I think was the idea here.

Back