• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former Wake TE Zac Selmon to be named AD at Mississippi State

Not a bad gig. The last guy got a promotion to Auburn AD.

Zac Selmon was the #2 TE on the 2006 ACC Championship team with John Tereshinski. Funny to look back and think how their families were so heavily associated with OU and UGA, respectively. Selmon had 36 rec, 418 yards in his career.

He had a brief stop at UNC in between stints at Oklahoma about 8 years ago, seemed like a really nice guy who was destined for the AD chair some day. Not surprised to see this news.

Wow. Hard core reality check. I was in college watching him play. And it’s now been long enough he’s an AD and a major school. Maybe some of those grays aren’t just bad lighting.

I'm surprised he would leave Oklahoma, isn't he Lee Roy Selmon's kid?
Dewey's, I think. Just because he's leaving doesn't mean he won't come back. Joe Castiglione has been AD at OU for a long time (he hired Stoops in 98) and it was widely thought that Zac was being groomed to take his place. Going to MSU may be a way to get his feet wet with some actual AD experience.

well I guess if he makes some football coaching hire the fanbase hates and runs him out we can have him as our next in line

Dewey's, I think. Just because he's leaving doesn't mean he won't come back. Joe Castiglione has been AD at OU for a long time (he hired Stoops in 98) and it was widely thought that Zac was being groomed to take his place. Going to MSU may be a way to get his feet wet with some actual AD experience.

This does seem like a "sail your own ship for a while" move. If he does a good job, the OU AD job should be his when Castiglione is ready to retire in a few years.

I would guess that even though he got his degree from Wake, the family Oklahoma Crimson and Cream still runs through his veins.

Back