• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former Wake TE Zac Selmon to be named AD at Mississippi State

Awesome for Zac. Here was his career path as recounted on the OU website:

2007: Graduated from WF (4 year Dean's list student - degree in Religon)
2009-10: Grad assistant at OU, while earning his master's degree in education, with an emphasis in college athletic adminstration
2014-15: Associate AD at UNC
2015-2017: Associate AD/Chief of Operations at OU
2017-2021: Senior Associate AD for Advancement/Administration
Also, in 2019 appointed as a member of the NCAA Football Rules Committee
2021-Present: Deputy AD/External Engagement and Advancement, which includes oversight of OU's strategic plan, fund raising, media relations, communications, marketing media rights, licensing and brand management with specific oversight over the football program.

Pretty meteoric rise for a football Deac... Kudos!

I’m sure there are some examples, but I can’t think of a family of athletes more connected to a university than the Selmons to OU.

Didn't he and Wake get some publicity for some thing he did down in Africa ?

Wow. Hard core reality check. I was in college watching him play. And it’s now been long enough he’s an AD and a major school. Maybe some of those grays aren’t just bad lighting.
Was thinking along the same lines. I graduated the same year as he did and took several classes with him. He's about to become a P5 AD...makes me ask some serious questions about what the hell I'm doing with my life...

Back