• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Four Favorite Movies (letterboxd style)

MHBDemon

Reaction score
If you haven’t seen Letterboxd’s IG account, they ask actors, directors, etc to name their 4 favorite movies. No strict rules, just name your current 4 favorite movies.

1. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, 1982, d. Nicholas Meyer
2. Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World, 2003, d. Peter Weir
3. Home Alone, 1990, d. Chris Columbus
4. The Fellowship of the Ring (extended, obvi), 2001, d. Peter Jackson

Last edited:
1. The Fountain (2006) dir. Darren Aronofsky
2. The Night of the Hunter (1955) dir. Charles Laughton
3. Take Shelter (2011) dir. Jeff Nichols
4. Inside Llewyn Davis (2013) dir. Coen Brothers

Last edited:
Hateful Eight (extended version)
Burn After Reading
Godfather
In Bruges
what's the difference between the theater and extended versions? I didn't love Hateful Eight, but maybe it's bc I saw the wrong one?

what's the difference between the theater and extended versions? I didn't love Hateful Eight, but maybe it's bc I saw the wrong one?
The extended version is split into 4 chapters. I watch them more like tv episodes, in that i can watch one or two at a time. I think there is some extra scenes, but it’s been so long since i watched both versions, i couldn’t tell you whats cut.

Some good lists going on, no one's made me say "yuck" so far. Barca's and .75ITC's are all entries that could easily have been in my 4 and just might have been on another day, a different frame of mind.

1. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, 1982, d. Nicholas Meyer
2. Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World, 2003, d. Peter Weir
3. Home Alone, 1990, d. Chris Columbus
4. The Fellowship of the Ring (extended, obvi), 2001, d. Peter Jackson
I always thought Master and Commander was for the memes. Is it legit good? It came out when i was at school, and this kid was obliterated at a football game and kept yelling “Master and Commander…Notre Dame sucks!”

Back